• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kukuha
    • May 2011
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Views=Replies+1 problem

Dear all,

we are running vBulletin 4.0.3 Suite. It worked fine for a few months, but at some point something happened to views and replies counters for the forum part of the suite. For all old topics on the forum views counter now increases only when there is a new reply. And for all newly created forum topics views and replies follow the formula

Views = Replies + 1

It is the problem not for our forum only: I have noticed such an issue for a couple of other forums as well. But for some reason the search of the internet gives no clue about what is happening... Can anybody tell me what can be done?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

What do you have set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > server settings > update thread views immediately?

And, are your Scheduled Tasks running? And, have you disabled any of the default tasks?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• kukuha
      • May 2011
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      What do you have set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > server settings > update thread views immediately?

And, are your Scheduled Tasks running? And, have you disabled any of the default tasks?
      we have "update thread views each hour, at 56-th minute"

"scheduled tasks" is running, we never disabled any default tasks.

Actually, as far as I remember, we did not change anything, when the counters started to behave strange... It happened without any actions on our side... Like "yesterday everything was fine, but the next day the counters stopped working".

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You could run maintenance > update counters > rebuild thread information. That would at least kick start it to get back to normal. The problem is that it's unknown what caused the issue in the first place. Most likely, it was a modification. But, the only way to find that out is to rebuild the thread information and then run the site with no modifications for several days and see if this happens again. Then you turn on a modification one at a time and see if it happens again. Problem is, all that really tells you is that the problem most likely isn't one of the one's you havne't turned on. It doesn't tell you which of the ones you turned on is the problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...