Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ragboy
    • Mar 2010

[Forum] All Video Missing on Mobile Safari

I just upgraded to 4.1.3, but its been a while since I view my site on the ipad, so it may have been an issue before, although I am sure this was not an issue when I first started using VB4.

For some reason, every video embed, whether its youtube, vimeo, whatever, is just blank. At first I thought it may be this:

But I performed that upgrade, which works, but all my video is still just empty. Its not a blank space, or a broken image, or blank square, its as if the video was never embedded. Everything works just fine on normal web browser, including safari on mac and windows. But not mobile safari. Any suggestions? The site is at:

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you go to that video in the YouTube app on your iPad, does it play OK?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• ragboy
      • Mar 2010

Yes, that video and all of the rest on the site play fine on the ipad if I visit youtube or use the youtube app on my ipad. This video, for instance, is on the front page of our site:

http://wake9.com/community/Lots of great stuff to talk about in this podcast. We are introducing 2 series of podcasts in this one episode. We have taken our ...

and it plays fine on the ipad unless on the site.

Comment

• ragboy
        • Mar 2010

bump.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Unfortunately bumping this thread won't resolve this. This is a bug and it needs to be resolved in the bug tracker.
          Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment