Can I remove the vbulletin version number?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cosmicsea
    • Apr 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Can I remove the vbulletin version number?

I was wondering if I could remove the version number 4.1.3 from the powered by vbulletin 4.1.3 in the footer and have it just say powered by vbulletin? Is this against the terms? If it is ok how can I change this? I am assuming something in the phrase manager. Thanks.
  • downloadsUK
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.0.x

unless you bought the branding removal, you'll have to keep it. to be honest, even the branding removal option is a rip-off. It barely removes the branding of vbulletin. It's still in the header, in the HTML, in the footer, on the admin CP, everywhere, like a plague

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by downloadsUK
      unless you bought the branding removal, you'll have to keep it. to be honest, even the branding removal option is a rip-off. It barely removes the branding of vbulletin. It's still in the header, in the HTML, in the footer, on the admin CP, everywhere, like a plague
      The branding free license only removes the the general visual areas where normal users would notice the vbulletin.

You are 100% allowed to remove the version number of vBulletin. Please do not spread misinformation on our forums. Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...