X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mavor
    • Apr 2011

Modifying Organization of Forum Posts - Lost, Please Help

Hello everyone, I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to be posting.

I am trying to find the best way to modify vBulletin's post structure (the way posts are displayed and located) on multiple websites in a consistent manner. I need a solution that can be deployed to even custom vBulletin forum implimentations, and that is easy for the forum owner to install.

What vector would you recommend I go along to get this done? Embedded Javascript? A plugin? A Mod? Something else? Some advice would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time everyone.
  • Mavor
    • Apr 2011

Am I being a little bit unclear?

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mavor
      Am I being a little bit unclear?
      No.

Try it : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...roubleshooting
      or: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...roubleshooting

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Mavor
        • Apr 2011

I don't have permission to post on that forum... I don't currently own a forum, i'm just looking for insight into how I might be able to modify it and other's forums later. I'm interested in developing a system that changes the layout of posts to include threading and whatnot, and i'm trying to find the best way to deploy that system to other people's vBulletin forum.

Comment

• beishe8
          • Oct 2005
          • 4.2.X

I don't have permission to post on that forum...
          Sorry about that.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mavor
              • Apr 2011

I'm not really looking for support... i'm looking for information into how the vBulletin system can be modified to change it's core structure, thanks. Not sure if you read my OP.

Comment

• Mavor
                • Apr 2011

Just to make things a bit more clear perhaps... i'm looking for some way to create what would be called a "mod" in the phpBB system. Something to change the core underlaying system, easy to install, and doesn't overwrite styles/colors already created.

Comment

• beishe8
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4.2.X

Just to make things a bit more clear perhaps... i'm looking for some way to create what would be called a "mod" in the phpBB system. Something to change the core underlaying system, easy to install, and doesn't overwrite styles/colors already created.
                  Just to make it clear: It is the wrong forum to ask for that.

Comment

• Mavor
                    • Apr 2011

Well then perhaps you can point me towards the correct non-locked forum?? Because half the forums here are locked.

Comment

• beishe8
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 4.2.X

Well then perhaps you can point me towards the correct non-locked forum?? Because half the forums here are locked.
                      Please read this reply: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post2139350

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

If you are not a license owner, you are not entitled to support on these forums.

If you're working on a forum for a license owner, please ask them to add your email address to the Priority Support form in the Members Area so that you can then access the correct forums and obtain support on their behalf.
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...