Clear All
  • amithyd
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

Problems in sending activation emails and emails to users

Problems in sending activation emails and emails to users

I have vBulletin 3.8.5

I am having 2 problems.

1) I am unable to send emails to usergroups and until yesterday I was able to do so. It says "please complete all required fields". I tried to test and it says the same thing "please complete all required fields".

2) Activation emails are not being sent to new users who registered to activate their profile. I have temporarily disabled the requirement of confirmation of email addresses.

I tried this and it does not help http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email ..i called my server technical support and they say they cannot do anything for php based application. It seems to see the server error log it will take 24 hours ..

Can someone help ? !!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Everything was running fine until yesterday? What happened yesterday - did you install something or change any settings? Did you ask your host if they did some service on your server yesterday? Have you looked at your server email logs?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

If you followed all of this instructions, what do the vB and server email logs show? The answer is in those logs.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• amithyd
        • Dec 2007
        • 3.6.x

Thanks Lynne and Steve for the responses. The problem in sending of emails is now rectified. I do not know what happened but it seems to be working now on its own. The second problem of activation emails not being sent is something I need to check again but enough for today i suppose ..will try tomorrow and inform..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...