• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K!nG
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] picture uploading problem in chrome & firefox

Hello,

Not sure if i am making this thread in right section or not but i just recently realised that.... when u click on "Insert Image" icon you usually get 2 options "upload from computer" & "upload from url" but that only happens in "IE" i tried it in "google chrome" & "firefox" it only gives option "upload by url" doesn't give option to do it by computer....
    Is that an error in vb itself or something that i'm missing. ???

Thanks in advance.
  • Dody
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

Where exactly are you trying to upload a picture? Avatar, Album, others?
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

• K!nG
      • Nov 2010
      • 4.2.X

I am trying to upload a pic in new threads ? when u make new thread and upload pictures into it... that's where i have this problem or even in quick reply box.

Comment

• Dody
        • Aug 2004
        • 3.8.x

I am able to use both option using FF and Chrome.
        Did you customize your style or editor? What version of vB are you running?
        while(true){
        if(
        $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
        if(
        $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
        }

Comment

• K!nG
          • Nov 2010
          • 4.2.X

Well for me it only works in "IE" but in FF & Chrome i only get option of URL not from computer.
          I am running 4.1.0 and i haven't done any changes as far as i can tell.

Comment

• K!nG
            • Nov 2010
            • 4.2.X

??? anyone ???

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Does that same thing happen to you here? If not, then you have a modification causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• K!nG
                • Nov 2010
                • 4.2.X

Hi Steve... thanks for ur response.... I just tried it when i did it through CHROME it didn't give me option from computer then i tried from IE and it gave me option to upload from computer on this forum aswel... so i don't think its any kind of modification its something else.... so if u can help or something ???

Comment

• nakedanvil
                  • Mar 2010

Dody: Are you sure? I've never seen the WYSIWYG editor and "upload from computer" with Google Chrome. But it works fine for me in FireFox.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

There is no support for WYSIWYG in Chrome (and Safari) at this time. That will come when the new editor is released, hopefully in 4.1.3.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• K!nG
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      There is no support for WYSIWYG in Chrome (and Safari) at this time. That will come when the new editor is released, hopefully in 4.1.3.
                      Running 4.1.3 and still not working in Chrome & Safari ...... haven't check in FF so can't say about it. Would b nice to see it working in chrome.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

This has been moved to 4.1.4 which is active on this site. Try it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment