Enabling Facebook connect causing HTTP500 Server error (blank screen)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riskofficer
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] Enabling Facebook connect causing HTTP500 Server error (blank screen)

Without facebook connect everything works fine, but if I enable it, server crashes.

Just blank screen.

I've read your support http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/blank_pages but it doesn't help. I've turned off all plugins and gzip, reuploaded files. I use standart Style. I even had removed counter code. SSL connect works fine. Nothing have helped.

When I turn off "facebook connect" evrything fine again. When I turn on -- server error -- blank page.

Any help?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Internal Server errors are generally related to either a server problem, or added code to the vB files and/or templates.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem? If so, this is a server issue. You need to ask your host to check the server error logs.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• riskofficer
      • Dec 2006
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol

Do you have the same problem? If so, this is a server issue. You need to ask your host to check the server error logs.
      As I have allready written http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/blank_pages havent helped.

Do you realy think that it could be server issue if everything else works fine? Not only vBulletin, but also another products on other sites, that are running on the same server.

May be you have some more ideas? How can Facebook crash server? May be new configuration of config.php? What particular happenes when we turn on Facebook connection?
      Last edited by riskofficer; Mon 31 Jan '11, 1:12pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yes, I believe an 'Internal Server Error' is a server issue, particularly since you have said you went through the troubleshooting steps. Sorry if that was not clear.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• riskofficer
          • Dec 2006
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Yes, I believe an 'Internal Server Error' is a server issue, particularly since you have said you went through the troubleshooting steps. Sorry if that was not clear.
          Of cause this is server issue, but this issue is the result of code running. Do you have any other ideas, what could support this issue? Why vBulletin works fine without Facebook connect, but in the same time if you turn it on -- server crashes?

Do you have detail technical and soft requirements for servers to run facebook connect?

Comment

• riskofficer
            • Dec 2006
            • 3.7.x

May this code be a problem maker?
            Code:
            RewriteEngine On
            RewriteBase /
            RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^riskofficer\.ru [NC]
            RewriteRule  ^(.*)$ http://www.riskofficer.ru/$1 [L]
            All system requirements from your documentation are met. Template is default new, everything uploaded correct, gzip disabled, plugins disabled.

May be chmod something?

Comment

• riskofficer
              • Dec 2006
              • 3.7.x

Resolved! The problem was with php-json, we've understand that from server logs!

Comment

• NHTourGuide
                • Feb 2011
                • 4.1.x

I have this exact same problem. I don't understand the resolution php-json though... how do I fix this?
                NHTourGuide.com

Comment

• riskofficer
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by NHTourGuide
                  I have this exact same problem. I don't understand the resolution php-json though... how do I fix this?
                  It hadn't been installed. We've intalled it on our serever and bingo, everything works!

Comment

• NHTourGuide
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by riskofficer
                    It hadn't been installed. We've intalled it on our serever and bingo, everything works!
                    Anyone have instructions to install this and where to get the file?
                    NHTourGuide.com

Comment

• josephseeley
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 5.0.X

I had this problem too. In my case the server logs made it obvious it was because php-curl wasn't installed. Once I installed php-curl everything seems to be working fine:

sudo apt-get install php5-curl

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...