The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • almabetica
    • Oct 2010
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.

I have this problem since data vBulletin moved to a new virtual server. I get the error when I try logging in the forum or in the admincp.

I searched the solution for vBulletin forums and no issue has been resolved. The error is:

Code:
    The file (s) uploaded were too large to process.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That is a server issue. In addition to the vB settings, the allowed size of the attachments depends on the PHP and MySQL configuration. You may need to check and change the upload size for both PHP and for MySQL. Note, you'll need to have root access to the server to do this (or have your host do it.) Make these changes to php.ini:

upload_max_filesize = xM

..and my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems)

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. Restart the webserver and MySQL after making these changes.

Note: Do NOT use MB, just M for the megabytes setting.

You may also need to increase the memory_limit, max_execution_time and max_input_time variables in php.ini.

Also you might want to take a look at this for other settings that affect file uploads:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• almabetica
      • Oct 2010
      • 4.1.x

I realized that I can not upgrade to any version of vB.

Appointed before the limits I have placed 10,000. It has memory to spare for a login.

No idea? = (

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Post #2 is still applicable.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mentorica
          • May 2011
          • 4.1.x

I have the same error when i try to log in ...After i mouve my vbulletin site on another server ...i folow all the step s is not working .

Comment

• Andy
            • Jan 2002
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Mentorica
            I have the same error when i try to log in ...After i mouve my vbulletin site on another server ...i folow all the step s is not working .
            I suggest starting a new thread and include more details, like your web hosting setup.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...