Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andem
    • Sep 2004

WYSIWYG Vertical Scrolling (Fonts and Emoticons) in IE8

I'm having an issue with the WYSIWYG enhanced editor in Internet Explorer 8. The issue is with the font list fixed size to 250px, yet the vertical scroll bar is also 250px and users are unable to scroll.

I've tested the issue on both of my custom styles, the default vanilla style for vBulletin 3.8.4 and additionally, I've found the bug to also be present on vbulletin.org.

The only work around right now is to run the site in compatibility mode and then the editor renders correctly.

Is there another work around for Internet Explorer 8? I don't plan on telling 40,000 members, most of which are using the latest version of Internet Explorer, to run the site in compatibility mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vborgcap.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	3718656

I'm running vBulletin 3.8.4

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

I've added this to the Bug Tracker - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIII-12815

In the meantime, go to AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Cookies and HTTP Header Options and enable the 'Send Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility Header' option to fix this.
    Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Wed 8 Sep '10, 11:35pm.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Andem
      • Sep 2004

Thank you Trevor.

I don't plan on purchasing a vbulletin 4 license. Will there be a free update when this is fixed for owners of vb 3.x licenses?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

I don't know to be honest - I've asked if someone can provide a fix for it
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Super Cat
          • Jan 2005
          • 4.2.X

Another thing that has bother me is color picker with 4.1.3. When editing a post I click on color picker and highlight font I want to change colors and it won't stay highlighted. This is with IE 9.
          Didn't want to hijack thread but this wasn't answered on the thread I opened for this. It works with fire fox. I suggest people don't upgrade to IE 9, because I've had problems with moving things in my yahoo also.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...