X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

[Suite] [Suite OR Forum] How 2 VIDEO Guide - Upgrading your 4.0 Forum

I'm releasing a Video Tutorial aimed at helping many of you through the Upgrade Process .

All of the information in the video can be referenced here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...s-and-Recovery!

You can post in this thread or my site http://www.innovationbyinstinct.com for support however I have enabled the vBulletin Basics forum on my site for public i.e. Guest viewing so all you need to do is simply click the link below to view the tutorial.

The tutorial shows you how to upgrade from 4.0.5 to 4.0.6, please bare in mind as I mentioned in the video 4.1 is going to have a refined upgrade script included which should reduce some issues many of you encounter by making it much more streamlined. More information about the new Upgrade script can be found here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...roved-Upgrader however the precautions you need to take will not change which include backing up your files and database or more depending on your site and if/how it has been customized.

*I'm releasing this to vBulletin, they may choose to convert this for upload to their YouTube account as they did with my Installation Video, if that is the case please bare with them until it's released. Additionally stay tuned for more video tutorials from Innovation by Instinct!

*This thread is fully supported however with one limitation being, the support is within my free time meaning sometimes unless we make post after post interactions with each other I may head off to do work for a client etc so replies may come every other day or up to two days between. I do apologize for the delay however the old saying goes "You get what you pay for" and in this case it's free so mums the word.
    Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Thu 2 Sep '10, 11:17pm. Reason: Grammar Police busted me... darn...

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Common Questions and Answers - Q & A

Reserved for common Questions and Answers - I'll update this often with the most common of questions and their answers, please search the thread for anything not included here.

Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
      • Sep 2008

One of you lovely Moderators Sticky this please? Support is included

*Cough Lynne *Cough

Edit: Thanks to whoever did sticky this ok now I'm finally off to bed
      Edit again... lol; Lynne said it was Trevor so thanks for the sticky.

*Also on a side note, I learned from some of the best, learned by reading thousands upon thousands of posts by Steve, Trevor, Zachery, Jake, Lynne, geesh if I forgot to mention you and your on staff edit this post lol but point being without all of them I would only know perhaps 70% of what I do now and I prefer the 100% so if always try to show some appreciation to them at least, you can ignore me completely but share the love with them.
      Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Thu 9 Sep '10, 12:54pm.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

Video Suggestions

I've created a thread on my site listing some of the upcoming free videos for vBulletin Community Members and also asking for suggestions .

I would simply say suggest them here if you do not feel like registering however I want to save this thread for support of the upgrade video I posted a link to above *You can PM me here on vb.com with the suggestion as well and I'll add it to the list.

If you have any questions regarding the upgrade process please ask them below (*Search for a similar question and reply before posting, that's all I ask ) and I'll reply asap.
        Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Thu 9 Sep '10, 1:08pm.

Comment

• hie5
          • Aug 2010
          • 4.0.x

Just wish to leave a note of thanks for this video as its been a great help for a newbie like myself.

Appreciate it.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by hie5
            Just wish to leave a note of thanks for this video as its been a great help for a newbie like myself.

Appreciate it.
            I'm glad it was helpful

Comment

• urdu
              • Apr 2007
              • 3.5.x

Hello, TheLastSuperman !
              I would like to Appreciate your great help.
              Lot of thanks with best regards.
              The first Unicode Urdu vBulletin Forum
              http://www.urduvb.com/forum

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by urdu
                Hello, TheLastSuperman !
                I would like to Appreciate your great help.
                Lot of thanks with best regards.
                Your welcome and thank you for the kind words

Comment

• K!nG
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 4.2.X

"""HATZ OFF""" Thanks for the video tutorial... it was great help for me. really appreciate your great work.
                  Thanks .. Keep it up and b safe

Comment

• K!nG
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 4.2.X

Well i thought everything went smooth but i just realised that when in log into my admincp i see that it tells me that i am still running 4.0.8 while when i type mywebname/admincp it tells me i have 4.0.1 and also on the bottom of my forum page it also tells Powered by Vbulletin Version 4.0.1 i am just not sure if i really did upgrade my forum or not lol hahaha can you help me in it ???

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by K!nG
                      Well i thought everything went smooth but i just realised that when in log into my admincp i see that it tells me that i am still running 4.0.8 while when i type mywebname/admincp it tells me i have 4.0.1 and also on the bottom of my forum page it also tells Powered by Vbulletin Version 4.0.1 i am just not sure if i really did upgrade my forum or not lol hahaha can you help me in it ???
                      Do you still see this K!ng? It could have been an issue with your browser cache simply put... otherwise let me know so we can check a few things .

Comment

• K!nG
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 4.2.X

Hey Superman..
                        Well i still have the same problem... and i was trying to upload a new style and when i tried to import xml file for 4.0.8 it gave me an error stating that i am running 4.1.0 and style was made for 4.0.8 so i don't understand wht's wrong ??? i was informed bye vb modz that its a partial upgrade

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                          • Sep 2008

Hey Superman..
                          Well i still have the same problem... and i was trying to upload a new style and when i tried to import xml file for 4.0.8 it gave me an error stating that i am running 4.1.0 and style was made for 4.0.8 so i don't understand wht's wrong ??? i was informed bye vb modz that its a partial upgrade
                          Hmm...

*BACKUP your database and file system first*

Now try uploading all the vBulletin 4.1.0 files, see if that fixes it, if not you can try the upgrade script again just to see if it will push on through this time. If anything goes wrong restore the site with the backups you made. It's that simple to try, and again if something goes wrong you can simply restore .

Comment

• K!nG
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 4.2.X

hi ,
                            Well i did upgrade process again and it went goood .... everything was perfect and all those places showing me 4.0.8 was corrected and showing me 4.1.0 but today all i did was added a new year style for 4.1.0 and logged out after making sure everything is okay and when i logged back in i had the same issues now its again telling me in admincp that i am running 4.0.8 and i didn't do anything except adding a new style ?? i deleted that style still the same issue... i am sure if i upload all the files again and run upgrade it will fix it ( may be/hopefully) but wants to make sure wat caused all this and 2ndly don't want thins to happen again n again.... can u help me with it.

thanks in advance

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                              • Sep 2008

hi ,
                              Well i did upgrade process again and it went goood .... everything was perfect and all those places showing me 4.0.8 was corrected and showing me 4.1.0 but today all i did was added a new year style for 4.1.0 and logged out after making sure everything is okay and when i logged back in i had the same issues now its again telling me in admincp that i am running 4.0.8 and i didn't do anything except adding a new style ?? i deleted that style still the same issue... i am sure if i upload all the files again and run upgrade it will fix it ( may be/hopefully) but wants to make sure wat caused all this and 2ndly don't want thins to happen again n again.... can u help me with it.

thanks in advance

We'll figure it out and post the solution in both threads .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...