X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony
    • Feb 2001
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] postbit in the stylevar

I'm trying to change the background color for postbit in the stylevar but the color isn't changing, what gives? Is this a bug or is this not intended for use this way?

Thank you
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Postbit or Postbit_Legacy? (FYI next time even if mentioning is this a bug say.. I'm on 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 so if that is in fact the case someone else might see this and then one of you can open up a ticket in the JIRA or whatever it's called now .)

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Tony
      • Feb 2001
      • 3.6.x

Yes, sorry I forgot about that. I'm running 4.0.5

I'm not finding a seperate setting for Postbit_Legacy. It looks like to me the color setting is for both. Also where do I change from postbit to Postbit_Legacy?

Thanks

Comment

• Tony
        • Feb 2001
        • 3.6.x

So I belive I'm using postbit as I have this set to no,
        AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template -> No

I edit the postbit_background and for some reason the color isn't changing.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tony
          So I belive I'm using postbit as I have this set to no,
          AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template -> No

I edit the postbit_background and for some reason the color isn't changing.
          Ok it does not change for me either so let's simply bypass it via CSS

Do the following:

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > *Select the style* then use the drop down box and select "Edit Templates"

Now if you store CSS as files you need to edit the file, this is assuming you are storing the CSS in the templates themselves so open the CSS Templates by double-clicking then double-click on postbit.css

Find:

Code:
          .postbit .postbody {
          	clear: both;
          	color: {vb:stylevar postbit_color};
          }
          Replace with:
          Code:
          .postbit .postbody {
          	clear: both;
          	color: {vb:stylevar postbit_color};
                  background: #dddddd;
          }
          Simply replace the #dddddd with the color code of your choice for the desired color. Also you could use:

Code:
                  background: #dddddd url(images/mybackgroundimage.jpg) repeat-x top left;
          To apply a background image at the same time, you can conditional code this per forum as well just check the articles area here for Template conditionals by that helpful BBR fellow however the bg image works best on a fixed width style imo.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
          Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
          Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Tony
            • Feb 2001
            • 3.6.x

I did find that as well and hoping I wouldn't have to edit the CSS for something that should be done in the stylevar. Every time there is an upgrade I would have to edit the CSS template?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...