• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imcoach
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Suite] Reply with Quote Not Working Properly After Upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded from vBulletin 3 to vBulletin Publishing Suite 4.0..

Everything appears to be work good accept this one thing so far. For some reason when myself or members.. (I asked them and they see the same issue).. try to do a "Reply with Quote", the page just hangs. It never loads.

One of my members did figure out that if you click it a second time it does. Still, that shouldn't be how that works I don't think.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I ran a diagnostics, but holy smokes.. it brought up 100s of suspect file versions. I think that might be an entirely different issue. Or maybe part of it I don't know..

What other things can I do to diagnose the problem?

Thanks,

Matt
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

That could be the problem.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• imcoach
      • Aug 2007
      • 3.6.x

Hi Trevor,

I really appreciate the help! I didn't have to go past reuploading in ASCII.. I went directory by directory and reuploaded all the non-image files. During this process I noticed that, for some odd reason, the ajax.php file in the installs root directory was missing. That sounds important, lol..

Whatever did it.. the missing file (or files.. maybe there were more I didn't see) or the reuploading in that specific mode (had it set to automatic before).. it fixed the original problem and Reply with Quote works again.

Thanks again!

-imc

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...