Add sub-forum to sub-forum with post not allowed in top sub-forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mvigod
    • Nov 2001

Add sub-forum to sub-forum with post not allowed in top sub-forum?

Let me explain that subject!

Let's say I have a main category - Colors

Now I setup sub categories to it: red, green, blue, grey

Then under grey I want to setup 2 sub-forum categories inside it: light grey and dark grey.

Now people come to the site and they see the 4 color groups and want to post in grey so they click it. Inside they see the 2 choices of sub-forums (light and dark grey). They can go into these 2 groups to post there but the problem is they can start a thread right there in the main part of the grey subcategory too. Now I think I can fix this by locking the main grey sub-forum (not sure) but even if I do that it will show the lock icon and people may think it's locked for posting.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this without getting a lock icon?
    Marc
    -------
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

You have two ways:
    a) The more standard way, making the forum "Grey" a cateogry instead of a regular forum. Note: This will look a bit more ugly.

b) Lock the "Grey" forum, but in your Options set "Show Locked forums?" to NO. (this will not hide the forum (as the title may suggest), but will rather hide the locks and only show the on/off images)
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...