X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedway
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.0.0 Beta 4

VB 3.8.4 & PHP 5.3.0 - problems.

I just installed a dev environment on my Mac with PHP 5.3.0 and cannot get 3.8.4 to run. I get the following error when loading the site:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /Users/Bruce/Sites/AS-38-backup/global.php(607) : eval()'d code on line 50
    Is there something I can do or is 3.8.4 just not compatible with PHP 5.3?
    vBulletin Owner since 2002!
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

Known Bug.
    Either downgrade PHP to 5.2.13 (or w/e version it is) or upgrade to vBulletin 3.8.5
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• speedway
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Thanks HWsa

Also found via this project : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=28683

... that changing =& to = also does the job. Doing that right now (tedious bloody job!) 'cause I do not have access to 3.8.5.....

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

That would mean going through many files.
        There is the simple option of just downgrading PHP to v5.2.13
        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• speedway
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
          That would mean going through many files.
          There is the simple option of just downgrading PHP to v5.2.13
          On my dev server yes, but if my host ever upgrades to PHP5.3.x I would be in trouble! Safer to do searches on all files and update them now than when my live site crashes. Of course, the other option is to fork out USD$200+ to "renew" my licence and download 3.8.5 but that isn't possible right now....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...