X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alfanexus
    • Dec 2008
    • 5.5.x

Share login between two vBulletin sites

I have a Community build on vBulletin, and I have decided to split the site up in two sites with two vbulletin installations with seperate blogs, forum and CMS.

Is it possible to create an integration of the two sites so that uses of site A can loginto site B and users from site B can log into site A?

or this is not popssible... maby have only one vBulletin site but with two different blogs and two different forums.
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

You have two licenses? It is possible, there was a modification released at .org but it has since been removed.

Possibly the feature will come into default vB at some point, but at the moment you will need to seek help from a third-party coder.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Ace is correct, there is no such default feature at this time.

Comment

• Mike Anime
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

doesn't vB.org have a mod for that?

Comment

• swati123
          • Apr 2010

thanks

Comment

• sross
            • Mar 2004

I am also looking for this at vbulletin needs to do is step up and provide some cross site integration capabilities. What I envision is someone having 2 sites, yet wanting 1 user profile between them. That profile can then function between the sites, the user then has , threads can be moved between sites, etc. The admincp would have an option to tie two forums together in such a way. I think vbulletin might not realise how many of us run suites of different sites, there is a lot of value in forum system that can tie together multiple sites into one unified user profile, etc.

Comment

• alfanexus
              • Dec 2008
              • 5.5.x

Originally posted by sross
              ...I think vbulletin might not realise how many of us run suites of different sites, there is a lot of value in forum system that can tie together multiple sites into one unified user profile, etc.
              ...and how many extra licenses they could sell, if we could run multiple sites with one shared userdatabase. If(when) this was (becomes) possible I would buy 6 extra licenses right away.

Comment

• Riasat
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by alfanexus
                ...and how many extra licenses they could sell, if we could run multiple sites with one shared userdatabase. If(when) this was (becomes) possible I would buy 6 extra licenses right away.
                Major Additions - CERBERUS: 1 vB4: runs multiple domains with custom styles, forums, universal login vBulletin 4.x Add-ons

Comment

• alfanexus
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 5.5.x

I actually already have been looking at this mod, but it seems that it will not seperate blogs on the different domains. But more important its an unsupported mod, I would prefer something buildin te core vbulletin, so I wont risk the mod developer stops developing / Supporting the mod which too often is the case with mods especially the free ones.

What I need is a community soultion whith shared userlogin/profiles and I can setup blogs and forums for different interests on different subdomains like dogs.site.com, computer.site.com, cars.site.com etc. This way users can go to dogs.site.com if the wish to blog about their dogs or to computer.site.com with computer related blogs, and each subdomain will also have related forums. It would also be great if the mobile apps would support this so users could select between the different subdonains on the same app so I dont need an app for each subdomain and for each mobile phone ios, android, windows ect. I woul be happy to pay the extra licences, but It would be hell to deploy all the apps for all subdomains.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                    • Aug 2009

I personally would love to see vBulletin offer these 3 options.

(1) Cross login between your own sites.

(2) vBulletin Network where you can have your site cross login with any site that is signed up for vB Net.... So then persons login works with thousands of sites....

(3) No Cross Login enabled
                    ------------------------------------------
                    Steve
                    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Leadcrow
                      • Oct 2010

(2) vBulletin Network where you can have your site cross login with any site that is signed up for vB Net.... So then persons login works with thousands of sites....
                      That would be a great option if it came either inexpensive or free (like wordpress.com, ad-funded with paid upgrades/customizability).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...