Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flyte
    • Oct 2009

[CMS] FLow player in CMS

Any one have any suggestions on how to set up "flowplayer" in CMS? I have installed it and tested it and it does not seem to work.

Thanks
  • Flyte
    • Oct 2009

nvm I was able to get it to work by setting up BBcode tags for it.

Comment

• jkcerda
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Flyte
      nvm I was able to get it to work by setting up BBcode tags for it.
      can you post the code and do you have a demo of how it works? thanks

Comment

• Flyte
        • Oct 2009

BBCode manager

Title: Flow Player
        Tag name: flow
        replacement:
        HTML Code:
        <object id="flowplayer" width="525" height="350" data="http:/domain.com/videos/flowplayer/flowplayer-3.1.5.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">  
        <param name="movie" value="http://domain.com/videos/flowplayer/flowplayer-3.1.5.swf" />  
        <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />  
        <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> 
        <param name="quality" value="autohigh" />  
        <param name="flashvars" value='config={"clip":{"autoPlay":false,"accelerated":true,"url":"{param}"}}' />  
        </object>
        Example:
        Code:
        [flow]http://vod01.netdna.com/vod/demo.flowplayer/flowplayer-700.flv[/flow]
        just make sure you download the package from flowplayer.org to get the .js files and stuff.

Comment

• jkcerda
          • Mar 2008

AWESOME, thanks for your help

Comment

• Edwin Brown
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2009
            • 5.5.x

With v404 you are going to get some additional settings, but right now the code above would probably work if you put it all on one line- remove the returns/newlines. And the author has "can use html" permission. I haven't tried putting around that, but that should work also. The parser currently thinks it should <br />'s at the end of each line, which doesn't work well.
            Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• jkcerda
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Edwin Brown
              With v404 you are going to get some additional settings, but right now the code above would probably work if you put it all on one line- remove the returns/newlines. And the author has "can use html" permission. I haven't tried putting around that, but that should work also. The parser currently thinks it should <br />'s at the end of each line, which doesn't work well.
              do you guys plan on adding definitions? is there a way WE can add them?
              or have the video pop up inside a "frame" that we can have a custolm logo in?

thanks

Comment

• Flyte
                • Oct 2009

I know on the flowplayer site they give you the option to put your logo in, but you have to buy their commercial license to get the instructions. I asked them a long time ago how to get a frame in the player and they never responded but there is the option to put a generic jpg image in the frame that will show up on all videos. I would help you with that but I have not done it myself.

Comment

• LuisMontemayor
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 3.8.x

This was of great help, thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...