X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davecr
    • Mar 2010

Import from a bespoke forum

Hi All,

My client is interested in purchasing VBulletin CMS and Forum, but currently has a bespoke forum which is none of those supported by Impex.

The bespoke forum is structured in a normalised, relational database, with topics/posts related to each other by a nested set model. In practice it behaves no differently to vbulletin/phpBB et al, but structurally i'm aware it may differ considerably.

I'm wondering what systems or documentation exists that could allow us to import the bespoke forum's content into VBulletin. Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by davecr
    Hi All,

My client is interested in purchasing VBulletin CMS and Forum, but currently has a bespoke forum which is none of those supported by Impex.

The bespoke forum is structured in a normalised, relational database, with topics/posts related to each other by a nested set model. In practice it behaves no differently to vbulletin/phpBB et al, but structurally i'm aware it may differ considerably.

I'm wondering what systems or documentation exists that could allow us to import the bespoke forum's content into VBulletin. Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave
    Have a look if that type of forum your client has, can be converted to a free software supported by vb and then convert it to vb.

Comment

• davecr
      • Mar 2010

The bespoke forum has no import/export functions whatsoever. Import support for any other kind of forum would have to be written from scratch...as would import into VBulletin, I suppose.

Assuming no automated or part-automated import system exists, our only other option would be to roll our own import, in which case it would be particularly handy if there were documentation of how the vBulletin DB is structured. Does such a document exist?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...