Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kOsMos3D
    • Jul 2006

Broken tables

I have a broken Attachments table and running the repair options both from AdminCP and PHPMyAdmin dont fix the problem. Actually running the repair option inside Admin cp does not do anything at all, only shows a screen with please wait...

What other options are available for repairing this table?

Update:

I am not exactly sure if the problem is 100% with the attachment table, this is what my host provider said, but I think it might also be something with the GZIP html compression that I have enabled inside Admin CP, I tried to turn it off but then the entire website wont show up and every page gets an encoding error like so:

Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

If you try to see an attached file like a pdf or jpg you will get "This webpage is not available." with
    Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error. You can try it here: http://www.3djobs.com/jobs/attachmen...4&d=1266520314

My best guess is what happened was after I enabled GZip HTML compression the attachment table got corrupted somehow but that cant be because after I turn of the GZIP option in ADMINCP then the entire website gets this error. Perhaps problem with headers in vb? I am running v3.5.4 and I have license up to version 3.7.1

Thanks.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kOsMos3D; Wed 17 Mar '10, 10:55pm.
  • kOsMos3D
    • Jul 2006

Running this SQL query either in Admincp or myphp turned off the GZIP HTML Output ->

UPDATE setting SET value = '0' WHERE varname = 'gzipoutput';

Now this option is fully disabled and I dont get content encoding on the entire forum, still problem with attachments.

Perhaps there is a bug when you try to disable it in vBulleting Options - GZIP HTML Output so you have to run the sql command as I mentioned above. I still cant view most attachments like pdf and jpg and I get the Error 330 content encoding.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

There was a thread in the Server Configuration forum about gzip and attachments and problems. You may want to do a search in there for it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• kOsMos3D
        • Jul 2006

I will check that out. Thanks..

UPDATE:

I dont think the option is disabled, it only shows it is disabled inside AdminCP but inside Datastore table it is still set to 1

"gzipoutput";s:1:"1";

And when I change "1" to "0" then the entire site gets the encoding error white page. It has to be on at all times. I wish I never enabled it!

Comment

• kOsMos3D
          • Jul 2006

Lynne I have looked in the Server forum but could not find the solution to my problem.

So the question is : Why does the entire forum get white pages with Encoding error after disabling GZIP HTML Output? I am running vb3.5.4.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

I don't know the answer to your question. It doesn't make any sense to me that you turn it on and off and suddenly have problems. It sounds like a server problem however and so I would post over in the Server Configuration forum and ask George for some help.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• kOsMos3D
              • Jul 2006

PROBLEM SOLVED , my solution is over in the Server and Configuration forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...