Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim_T
    • Mar 2010

[CMS] reinstall cms v4

I have a new vBulletin cms installed. After a few days of trying different front page setups the grid manager seems to have bugged.
    I do not have many posts yet but do not want to start from scratch. Can anyone point me to instruction on reinstalling the CMS or the entire server without losing the forums? Mainly looking to import a database to a fresh install without breaking more stuff.

I tried search with no luck.
    Thanks
    Jim
  • Edwin Brown
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2009
    • 5.5.x

If you don't mind losing your articles/sections/categories/CMS permissions, then go to admincp > plugins and products > manage products. Uninstall CMS. Then reinstall by selecting the xml file which is (on your local hard drive copy of vBulletin) /includes/xml/product-vbcms.xml. That will create a new empty CMS database.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• thrylos
      • Jun 2010
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Edwin Brown
      If you don't mind losing your articles/sections/categories/CMS permissions, then go to admincp > plugins and products > manage products. Uninstall CMS. Then reinstall by selecting the xml file which is (on your local hard drive copy of vBulletin) /includes/xml/product-vbcms.xml. That will create a new empty CMS database.
      Please upload the files that came with the vBulletin CMS before installing or upgrading!

the files are all up. the cms was working fine untill i messed up some copies from the PL1 at "widget" dirs.

which files i need to upload again for CMS only? /packages/vbcms ???

the rest of the site (forum, blog) is working fine.

thank you in advance!

i've uploaded again the /packages/vbcms files folders, the cms is now back BUT it doesn't let me choose an other style...
      Last edited by thrylos; Fri 25 Jun '10, 5:37pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...