Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • talonguy
    • Jan 2010

[Forum] Adding a Apple-Touch Icon for iPhone to vbulletin

Appearantly vbulletin wont support the iphone code or something.

Its funny tho, cuz i installed wordpress on a subfolder and the browser pulls the icon info for the favicon and the apple-touch icon from the workpress folder and still displays it. I guess this is a workaround for that problem since there is no way to add the apple-touch icon to the code anywhere in vb.

please someone make an index.html file with some apple touch code in it and see if it works.

I would do it but my cache wont clear the image i already have loaded in my iphone.

put the following code after the meta tag
    Code:
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="apple-touch-icon.png"
    to make the apple-touch icon make a 57 x 57 .png image and upload it to the subfolder in the vb install(or root folder if you are trying to put this on a regular site)

now all you have to do is find a way to make the iphone hit that index.html file just one time so that it can load the apple-touch icon...

any ideas?
  • PondPikey
    • Jun 2006

header_includes worked for me

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

From memory, I added the file to my site root previously and when I added a bookmark to my home screen, it used it without there being any template changes to incorporate it...
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• rfranklin
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
        From memory, I added the file to my site root previously and when I added a bookmark to my home screen, it used it without there being any template changes to incorporate it...
        Just bringing this back since I was curious also.

I dropped the image into my forums root folder and it just came up without any code/template manipulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...