Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NickHark
    • Feb 2008

[Forum] Registered users logged out when accessing forum

I am working my way thru the myriad of issues with vb4.0 Suite patch 1.

This is an upgrade from 3.8.4.

I can see and use the forums as administrator.

As registered user I can see the forums but when I click to open any of the threads I get the vb page:

vBulletin Message
    You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
    2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I have checked and eliminated all admin>Maintenance>Suspect File Versions.

I have only vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS plug ins active.
    Non registered users, and those waiting for moderation are not given permission to view any but two forums.

Do I need to upload the files again, for the fourth time?
    Last edited by NickHark; Sat 9 Jan '10, 3:28am.
  • Smiler2009
    • Apr 2009
    • 4.2.X

We had this same problem since we went live but with just a few users. It took time but helping our members to clear their browser cache and cookies, plus making them aware of ticking the remember me box finally did the trick. Other things I tried were to change the cookie prefix from bb to vb (helped one person) I tried modifying the cookie path (not recmmended) but that didn't seem to do anything other than lock everyone out! Our problems were all confined to IE6 & IE8 users. Strangely, the ones who upgraded to IE8 from 6 had no further trouble.

Have you tried different browsers to see if you can replicate this?

Jeff.

Comment

• NickHark
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Smiler2009

Have you tried different browsers to see if you can replicate this?
      No. The forum isn't ready for prime time and has been down for almost two weeks while I work thru all the myriad issues with the upgrade.

So, this relates to IE8 that I use for the administrator, the super moderator and new user I created for testing purposes?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...