X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patrick6411
    • Aug 2009
    • 3.8.x

Converted from SMF to VBulletin

Ok after about 6 months of looking into the VBulletin I finally converted over from SMF.

I am having a few issues and hope that a few of you guys can help. Currently I am on a test server, testing the update, theme, and all plugins that I want to add. I want the migration over to VB to be as smooth as possible for the members.

I imported everything and converted the database. But there is a problem, my members are not showing up in the members category. I can view them from the admin panel but they are not listed on the forum. I know it is something simple and I am over looking it.

Any ideals or input please let me know.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That is a problem with the permissions for the imported groups. The following canned response about import cleanup addresses that and other common import problems:

_____

Note that the imported content does not show up until you rebuild your counters:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Thread Information

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information

Also note that imported groups have no permissions by default. I recommend you delete the imported groups which will automatically move the imported users to the default "Registered Users" group which already has appropriate permissions.

Also, the default "Registered Users" group after a fresh installation does not have permission to use custom avatars, so you need to enable this permission for "Registered Users" if you want the imported avatars to show:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Upload Custom Avatars

Sometimes you also need to add and then delete a user to prompt a rebuild of the cached member count:

Admin CP -> Users -> Add New User

Sometimes there are also imported ranks that inappropriately apply to all groups. You may want to delete them:

Admin CP -> User Ranks -> User Rank Manager

After changing ranks you need to run this counter:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles and Ranks

Sometimes you also need to edit and save a smilie to prompt a rebuild of the smilie cache to get imported smilies showing:

Admin CP -> Smilies -> Smilie Manager -> [View] -> [Edit]

Also make sure that you have manually uploaded your imported smilie images to the "images/smilies" directory.

Comment

• patrick6411
      • Aug 2009
      • 3.8.x

I did those all last night. I redid then this morning. Still same issue.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
        Also note that imported groups have no permissions by default. I recommend you delete the imported groups which will automatically move the imported users to the default "Registered Users" group which already has appropriate permissions.
        This is the fix for your problem. There is a usergroup permission for showing members of a group on the member list page. The default groups already have this enabled.

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Viewable on the Memberlist

Comment

• patrick6411
          • Aug 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          This is the fix for your problem. There is a usergroup permission for showing members of a group on the member list page. The default groups already have this enabled.

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Viewable on the Memberlist
          Thanks I did a fresh install and all worked!! Thanks for your help!!

I think I need an idiots guide to vb lolol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...