Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChopSuey
    • Apr 2009

Invisionfree

Hey Im Going To Purchase vBulletin Soon.
    Im Wondering If vBulletin Can Be Installed On There.
    I Kinda Like Invision Free. But, I Would Prefer vBulletin.
    Can A .tk Domain Name Be Eligible? Plus I Dont Really
    Want To Create Another Webiste, I've Made Too Many
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

Nope, vBulletin can't be installed on the InvisionFree service. You need to find your own hosting and domain. You can use a .tk domain
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• ChopSuey
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ct2k7
      Nope, vBulletin can't be installed on the InvisionFree service. You need to find your own hosting and domain. You can use a .tk domain
      Nice Thanks For Letting Me Know. Whats The Best Forum
      To Host With? I Need To Know, Cause Im Getting Ready
      To Purchase vBulletin!

Comment

• SNN
        • Jul 2006

There is no vBulletin service like InvisionFree does. You have to maintain and set vBulletin up yourself.

The best host imo (FOR BEGINNING/SHARED SERVER SITES ONLY) would be HostGator. I also have my own service, which I can setup vBulletin for you (for free) but you'll have to maintain the site (obviously)

Hosting is per-month payment, not a single one time payment, just incase you didn't know.

Comment

• Mr_Butter
          • Apr 2005

If you can afford vBulletin I'm sure you can afford hosting and a real domain.

I like and always recommend www.asmallorange.com for hosting.

Comment

• ChopSuey
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Mr_Butter
            If you can afford vBulletin I'm sure you can afford hosting and a real domain.

I like and always recommend www.asmallorange.com for hosting.
            Of Course I Can Afford. Forum Hosting?

Comment

• ChopSuey
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by SNN
              There is no vBulletin service like InvisionFree does. You have to maintain and set vBulletin up yourself.

The best host imo (FOR BEGINNING/SHARED SERVER SITES ONLY) would be HostGator. I also have my own service, which I can setup vBulletin for you (for free) but you'll have to maintain the site (obviously)

Hosting is per-month payment, not a single one time payment, just incase you didn't know.
              Which To Use? Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Super
              Im Not Sure....Be Descriptive Here.

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

Use your common sense, why buy a large hosting package when you have no members at first? The obvious answer is buy a small deal and then upgrade it as your site grows and uses more bandwidth.

Remember, you may close it down within the first 12 months if things don't work out for you (many do). So don't throw money down the toilet on buying something you really don't need for the first year. You can always upgrade your hosting package to a larger one later if needed anyway.

Plus with a small hosting package, it's a lot easier to generate enough revenue from ads to pay the full cost of it (as it starts to grows) for the first year. Unlike if you was trying to generate the cost of a large hosting package from ads, with basically no content and members.
                Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 18 May '09, 2:02pm.

Comment

• ChopSuey
                  • Apr 2009

Thanks For That. So On Small Orange, I Choose Small, And vBulletin I Get
                  The Cheapest One I Can Get. Okay. Again Thanks For That.

Comment

• MRGTB
                    • May 2005

I would take the time to read about each package first, just in-case some offer a few other features you can use that a smaller package doesn't. You can see their packages here: http://www.asmallorange.com/hosting/shared/

I should add I use ASO for my mrGTB Website, but not my other sites.

Comment

• ChopSuey
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MRGTB
                      I would take the time to read about each package first, just in-case some offer a few other features you can use that a smaller package doesn't. You can see their packages here: http://www.asmallorange.com/hosting/shared/

I should add I use ASO for my mrGTB Website, but not my other sites.
                      Well I Was On That Page Already, Didnt Know, So Maybe Im Gonna
                      Go With The Lowest One. Also I Will Need Another Admin With Me.
                      A (Co-Owner) Of My Site. Because Most Of My Friends Dont Believe
                      Im Going To Buy. So Yeah. Co-Owner Anyone? FIRST TO REPLY!

Comment

• aussiefooty
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 6.0.X

I went with http://www.oxxus.net which is cheap and it is awesome as a host. I haven't had any problems with my host of my vbulletin forum.

Google up some vBulletin hosts. Pick one.

What you can do is if you want to use invisionfree is add it as another url that people can follow and click on.

But sorry there is no impex system here that covers invisionfree.
                        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• ChopSuey
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
                          I went with http://www.oxxus.net which is cheap and it is awesome as a host. I haven't had any problems with my host of my vbulletin forum.

Google up some vBulletin hosts. Pick one.

What you can do is if you want to use invisionfree is add it as another url that people can follow and click on.

But sorry there is no impex system here that covers invisionfree.
                          Nice Site. But I Know I Have To Buy The Domain, Then The Space. After That
                          I Buy vBulletin. And Let Them Install It? Am I Correct?

Comment

• aussiefooty
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Ak Worm
                            Nice Site. But I Know I Have To Buy The Domain, Then The Space. After That
                            I Buy vBulletin. And Let Them Install It? Am I Correct?
                            Yep. Or you can find an FTP client if you want to do the hard stuff for yourself.

Google up FTP clients and pick one.

Don't whatever you do, buy a domain that is too expensive for yourself. There are plenty of great ones out there for about $12
                            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• ChopSuey
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
                              Yep. Or you can find an FTP client if you want to do the hard stuff for yourself.

Google up FTP clients and pick one.

Don't whatever you do, buy a domain that is too expensive for yourself. There are plenty of great ones out there for about $12
                              Give Me Step By Step
                              Buy Domain, Then Space,
                              After That Buy vBUlletin?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...