Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roachie
    • May 2007

Menus no longer drop down

Somewhere along the way, I lost my drop down menus - such as anything with a down error like Search or Quick Links. Even my down arrows when composing a new post such as the font size or color. They are now just dead links that do nothing when you click on them.

Because I can't pinpoint when it happened, I'm not sure where I may have screwed it up.

Any ideas on what to check first??

Thanks!
    Carolyn
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser. Also make sure this is enabled:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use 'vBMenu' DHTML Popup Menus?

It might also be a problem with a customization. You can quickly determine this by temporarily disabling your customizations. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files. Upload the original files if any problems are reported:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

• roachie
      • May 2007

You're brilliant, Jake!

It never occurred to me to create a new style as a test. The problem didn't follow, so I just made that the primary style and brought my customizations over to it. (I never was one to dig out a penny discrepency in my checkbook either...lol)

Thank you!
      C

Comment

• vmiller
        • Apr 2009

Hi Jake,

I have a similar problem and the down arrows don't even display. I tried creating a new style and it didn't change anything. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
        Vin

Comment

• vmiller
          • Apr 2009

Wow, this is a busy forum. Just one day and pushed to the 5th page!

Can anyone offer advice for this issue I mentioned in the post above?

Thanks,
          Vin

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Normally you would create your own thread.

If you tried the things from my previous post then we can take a look if you submit a trouble ticket with a URL and admin login to your forum:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...