Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ash_Yamato
    • Jun 2008

Justhost.com

Does this seem like a good host for vBulletin?
  • JollyJack
    • Jul 2006
    • 3.8.x

I would like to know if this is a good place to run vbulletin from aswell

Comment

• devikargro123
      • Nov 2010
      • 4.0.x

Unlimitedgb.com has 24/7 chat support.Their support is appreciatable whenever we needed a support they will be always on line.

Comment

• Leadcrow
        • Oct 2010

Ok, but no cookie.
        I'd advise hostgator and MDDhosting over nea-unknown hosts, whatever their promises (shared tends to suffice. Lighttpd offers you faster PHP execution that on most hosts)

Comment

• punchbowl
          • Nov 2006
          • 4.0.x

I wouldn't recommend anyone who doesn't mention vbulletin specifically on their website. Most shared hosts hate vb and will dump shared accounts trying to run it.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by punchbowl
            I wouldn't recommend anyone who doesn't mention vbulletin specifically on their website. Most shared hosts hate vb and will dump shared accounts trying to run it.
            That is a complete falsehood, please dont say such silly things.

Comment

• punchbowl
              • Nov 2006
              • 4.0.x

Sue me. I could use the money.

Seriously, Zachery, this is common knowledge.

Shared hosts hate forums because they are server intensive.

Vbulletin Suite is the most server intensive.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by punchbowl
                Sue me. I could use the money.

Seriously, Zachery, this is common knowledge.

Shared hosts hate forums because they are server intensive.

Vbulletin Suite is the most server intensive.
                I would again ask you not to say such things as its just not true. I deal with customers and shared webhosts every day. I've yet to see vBulletin on the list of banned scripts. If you see this starting to popup I guess I might be able to agree with you. But condsidering I host a number of vB4 forums and our server loads never peak over 1 unless were doing backups. I just don't believe that ALL shared webhosts HATE vbulletin because its "so" intensive. Shared webhosts hate anything that shows how overloaded their servers are. Thats for sure.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

The vast majority of vB customers are on shared servers, so that assumption is definitely incorrect.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• syrus.xl
                    • Jun 2005

I run vBulletin 4 Suite, and 2 other copies of IPB on the same VPS, my server loads never peak above 1.0 - then again I have a decent host, www.urljet.com whom manage vBulletin anyway. If you look for shared hosting, just don't opt for the cheapest and hope your forum will run steadily - many tend to oversell and promise unlimited this and that, come on who's going to believe that web space is unlimited - that's like saying your hard drive has unlimited space!

With regards to justhost.com - they state they are professional with 24/7 support and service. They get 24/7/365 support, but they do not pass that to their clients. All they do is lease a couple of servers from LiquidWeb, and then state on their website numerous features with 'Unlimited' virtually everything, which boils down to a reseller which is 'overselling' on a large scale to pay for their servers. Read their terms and conditions carefully, and you will soon see the 'unlimited' this and that becomes very limited... If you start using too many resources they will just disable your scripts from running, this happened to a client of mine. They may have amazing reviews on many sites, but beware there also many people that would not touch them.
                    Last edited by syrus.xl; Wed 1 Dec '10, 6:43pm.

Comment

• melbo
                      • Apr 2005
                      • 3.8.x

I tend to run from anything called 'unlimited'

Comment

• aeroval
                        • Dec 2010

Unlimited doesn't necessarily mean bad. Yes, unlimited hosts got a lot of bad rep lately, but every unlimited host is a bad choice. It is just part of their marketing, quality of service cannot be judged by that.

Comment

• syrus.xl
                          • Jun 2005

Define 'Unlimited' = not limited; no boundaries; infinite; vast; infinite; unconfined; How can a hosting provider use this as a sales tactic when its purely a lie. Offer ridiculous amount of features at what, $1.95 per month!!!

Then one reads the 'small print' and sees one thing, many restrictions, boundaries, low cpu resources - this really cannot be defined as 'Unlimited'. Bad reputation lately, I don't think so - it's been the same story for years. The chance of finding a host where they advertise anything unlimited these days, to have a great support to match is probably 1 in 100, if not higher.

It's how small hosting companies can turn in to huge companies, by overselling on cheap servers which equals big profits once they become established. You will not find large forums running from small hosts, the resources would just be far too high.

UNLIMITED = Cheap, Unreliable, Low Inodes limits, low resource limits and maybe even restrictions on cPanel..or Plesk!

Comment

• rajubd
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 4.1.x

justhost.com is unlimited fake like all unlimited faker
                            MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

• melbo
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Unlimited Bandwidth and Storage are not physically possible and are thus, a lie.
                              I stay away from anyone who blatantly lies on page one of their site or service.

YMMV but that's my experience.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...