Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ifti
    • Nov 2007

Mass delete User Accounts?

I think I have been hit by a spam bot, as my new registrations have shot up over the past few days! All new registrations have similar email addresses, and strange usernames. Also none of them have ever posted. It all started on 1st October.

Is there a way to mass delete users? I have the odd few legitimate users who have registered after Oct 1st, so I dont want to delete all users since that date. I am looking for a way to check a bunch of users at one and then hit delete....
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can purge user accounts in the Admin CP under Users -> Move / Purge Users. There is a variety of criteria that can be set and you can pick and choose before the final purge.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• toplink
      • Jul 2006
      • 3.6.x

I know this was an old post, but I was wondering how to do this, and searching the forum brought up this post.

Very handy, thanks.

I have one remaining question though. Is it possible to search for users by category and delete them, rather than just by registration date, number of posts etc?

The reason i ask, is that I have thousands of users "awaiting email confirmation". I presume these are bot registrations. Would be nice to be able to bulk delete them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...