Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GameCollision
    • Jan 2008

Can't view second page for threads

Users have been complaining today that they're not able to access anything other than page 1 for threads. I've tried it myself and have also verified that clicking page 2 for a thread does nothing. I can't get to any page other than the first one. What could be the problem? I've been able to do this just fine for the last few months.
  • Caddyman
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.6.x

once my threads get to where they show the link for "last page" we cant view the last page. same error as you basically. strange little bug!!

I have disabled plugin and used the default template while disabled and still no go. this is one of the topics

Last edited by Caddyman; Fri 30 May '08, 3:57pm.
    PA Forums
    Philly Sports
    Delaware Online

Comment

• GameCollision
      • Jan 2008

Mine only has two pages though and I don't recall ever having this problem prior to today.

Comment

• Caddyman
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.6.x

yeah i only had it after the upgrade as well, when i went to 3.7.0 gold it happened, i went to 3.7.1 this morning and same thing
        PA Forums
        Philly Sports
        Delaware Online

Comment

• GameCollision
          • Jan 2008

I've been having all kinds of problems today. I didn't have any issues going to 3.7.0 and I went to 3.7.1 the day it was released and also don't remember any issues. I'm going to try going back to 3.7.0 to see if that fixes anything.

Comment

• GameCollision
            • Jan 2008

Nope. Going back to 3.7.0 doesn't fix it.

Can someone fix this problem please? It's very very annoying...

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• stinger2
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.6.x

subsicribed to this thread as i had this exact problem after upgrading . i ended up deleting the pages that were not showing and moving the fisrst page to a new thread...

i also had ONLY one long thread with this problem...5 pages pf 20 posts a page. it was a very popular thread

BTW....my rebuild post cache in the maintenance was not working either it stoped always at the same post........and the solution mentioned above did not help me at least....i think one of the posts was corrupted preventing the post cache! but this is my theory ....now i have no problem.....if you guys will come to a new solution...i will be very happy

Comment

• GameCollision
                  • Jan 2008

Steve, that did not fix it for me, however I think it may be that my post on the second page was corrupted as I got that 'fatal error' problem I keep having. The second page of other threads, before I started getting fatal errors work fine.

Comment

• Vtec44
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 3.7.x

Try this

AdminCP > Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Thread Info

You may also try to do the same thing to the Forum Info
                    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• Christie
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Vtec44
                      Try this

Had the same problem and this worked for me

Comment

• GameCollision
                        • Jan 2008

Yeah, that seems to have fixed it, thanks.

Comment

• corman420
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Christie
                          Had the same problem and this worked for me
                          Originally posted by Vtec44
                          Try this

I had the same issue, only certain threads couldn't go beyond the first page. Ran the Rebuild Thread, and it works now.

Thanks!
                          Corman of Canada!
                          Currently using Vbulletin 3.6.7 with the following mods: VBAdvanced, Spambuster, One-click Spam & Ban, PayPal Donate

Comment

• Caddyman
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 3.6.x

Yes i believe rebuild thread worked for me as well, thank you much!
                            PA Forums
                            Philly Sports
                            Delaware Online

Comment

• Lasraik
                              • Mar 2008

I have the same problem, but it's only when I have a mod I downloaded from Vbulletin.org. It's the advanced statistics modification.

When it's turned off, everything works great but when it's enabled I have this issue. I know this isn't the support thread for it, (I've already tried to get help there) but does anyone have any ideas on what it might be or what I can look for?

I've already tried rebuilding thread and forum information, but no luck

Thanks

Comment