Multiple "How do I...": User Titles, Private Messages, New Post/Previous/Next Links

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TOB
    • Apr 2006

Multiple "How do I...": User Titles, Private Messages, New Post/Previous/Next Links

I have several questions and apologize if they have been answered already, but I couldn't find answers when I was searching the forums.

1. Is there currently a way to turn off sent PMs automatically going into the sent items folder?

2. It appears that User Titles are based only on the number of posts they have made. Is there a way to base user titles on the frequency a user posts? For example, a user whose current posting rate is at or above a certain level is assigned a particular title?

3. I would like to have the "New Posts" link show up at the bottom of the thread display, either above or below "Previous Thread | Next Thread". Can you please tell me which template to modify and what to put in there?

4. I would like to have "Previous Thread | Next Thread" also show above the thread display (right now it shows only at the bottom. Can you please tell me which template to modify and what to put in there?

If I am asking for features that don't currently exist, please let me know.
    Thank you.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

1) See this thread:

2) There is no option for that. The ladder of titles is based strictly on post count.

3) Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Show Thread Templates -> SHOWTHREAD

Add the blue code:

Code:
    <if condition="!$show['search_engine']">
    <br />

<div class="smallfont" align="center">
    	<strong>&laquo;</strong>
    		<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextoldest" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[prev_thread]</a>
    		|
    		<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextnewest" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[next_thread]</a>
    	<strong>&raquo;</strong>
    </div>
    </if>

[color=blue]<br />
    <div align="center">
    	<a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew">New Posts</a>
    </div>[/color]

<br />

<if condition="$show['multiquote_global']">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_multi_quote.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var mqlimit = $vboptions[mqlimit];
    </script>
    4) Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Show Thread Templates -> SHOWTHREAD

Add the blue code:

Code:
    $stylevar[htmldoctype]
    <html dir="$stylevar[textdirection]" lang="$stylevar[languagecode]">
    <head>
    	$headinclude
    	<title>$thread[title]<if condition="$pagenumber>1"> - <phrase 1="$pagenumber">$vbphrase[page_x]</phrase></if> - $vboptions[bbtitle]</title>
    	<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_post_loader.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script>
    </head>
    <body onload="$onload">
    $header
    $navbar

[color=blue]<if condition="!$show['search_engine']">
    <div class="smallfont" align="center">
    	<strong>&laquo;</strong>
    		<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextoldest" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[prev_thread]</a>
    		|
    		<a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$threadid&amp;goto=nextnewest" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[next_thread]</a>
    	<strong>&raquo;</strong>
    </div>
    <br />
    </if>[/color]

$poll

<if condition="$show['inlinemod']">
    $spacer_close
    <form action="inlinemod.php?threadid=$threadinfo[threadid]&amp;p=$postid" method="post" id="inlinemodform">
    $spacer_open
    </if>

Comment

• TOB
      • Apr 2006

Thank you!

Great help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...