Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBGirl
    • Feb 2008

Admin CP Log In Issue

When I go to log into the Admin CP (enter user name) + (enter password), it appears to be redirecting me to the control panel... BUT ends up redirecting me back to the log in page.
    How do I fix this?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That is either a cookie problem or a lack of admin access. The tools.php file can fix both problems.

Go into the do_not_upload folder in the zip file. Upload the tools.php file to the install directory on your server. Run the tools.php file in your browser and select the options to reset the cookie domain and cookie path. Then run the option to reset admin access for your user. Delete the tools.php file when done.
    Last edited by Jake Bunce; Tue 14 Apr '09, 6:23am.

Comment

• BBGirl
      • Feb 2008

Thanks for the reply... BUT I have no idea where to find the "zip file" to upload the tools.php file?? Sorry... rookie here
      PS - I am the end user NOT the web designer who originally set up vbulletin.
      Last edited by BBGirl; Fri 8 Feb '08, 9:51pm.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Login to the member's area:

Click "Download vBulletin" under "License Options". That is the zip file.

Comment

• BBGirl
          • Feb 2008

Thanks so much! it worked!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...