Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guile09
    • Apr 2005

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed

Urgent : Does anyone know what may cause the following warning? It shows up several times on all pages and prevents posts from displaying :

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 44 in /includes/functions.php on line 593

I also get this :

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/newsforu/public_html/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 3032

The forum has been running fine up until last night. I did not log into the control panel at all in the last couple of days and have not installed any mods recently or anything like that.

I did install Zend on my server yesterday before noticing the error. However, I run another vbulletin forum on the same server, and there are no problems with the other vbulletin.

I did reboot the server during installation, could this have interrupted something? Your help is greatly appreciated!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

It looks like that may be from a RegEx you entered or possibly an add-on. Did you add or change any Regular Expression settings?

If not, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• guile09
      • Apr 2005

Thanks for your response. I have tried everything you suggested, but I still recieve the same error.

I made a new install of the forum, and a new empy database. When I use the new database on the new install everything works fine, but when I use the old database on the new install, I get the error.

I really don't want to lose all the thread and post data...It would be a seo nightmare. Any other ideas? I will pm you the url. Appreciate it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• guile09
          • Apr 2005

Thanks Steve...Those are the exact steps I followed. I just ran through them again to be sure...Same result.

Everything is stock except the database. I have some vbseo files in the directories, but they are not being used.

I even tested a new database and it worked fine...I think something in the database is messed up.

Which tables in the database can I copy to keep all the post and user data? I don't mind losing settings and styles as long as I don't end up with 10,000 broken URLs. If I have to copy tables to a new database 1 at a time, that is ok. Any help is appreciated!

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
              • Nov 2004
              • 3.8.x

What is the PHP version you use and what is your O.S.?
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• guile09
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden
                What is the PHP version you use and what is your O.S.?

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PHP 4.45

The forum in question is here...

This forum is on the same server with no problems.

I really need to get this straightened out as soon as possible...If it means creating a new database, what can be saved?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Also did you follow the instructions I gave in your support ticket? If so, you should follow-up in that ticket.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• redraider
                    • Oct 2006

Were you able to resolve this problem? I have the ame problem
                    GMAT Prep

Comment

• redraider
                      • Oct 2006

Ok this is weird. I followed the above mentioned steps (disable hooks etc) and used the default skin, the problem got fixed! I changed back to the customized skin and the problem was gone there also. What happened :|
                      GMAT Prep

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...