• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axisoverdrive
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

phpBB to VB: Impex imports half of all posts

Hi,

I'm doing a clean install from phpBB 2.0.22 to VB 3.6.4.

I've got about 27,000 posts in the phpBB forum, but Impex seems to only like importing about 17,000 of them (while about 2000 fail for some reason).

At first i thought it was an issue with reaching my database limit, and i changed servers to one with a larger database; no effect.

Any ideas on what may be going on here? I would hate to have to lose half of my posts/ threads. (i'm assuming that all the threads were imported, although i can't have any way of telling in phpbb how many posts there are in total).

Thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do you get any error messages? Have you tried repairing the phpBB database first?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hapbird
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.6.x

when we first got vb we came from phpbb.

This was several years back, but I found that the import script was lookng for cols that didn't exist under phpbb so I wrote a script to convert my tables to vb format.

after I did that my full import worked.

I don't know if this step is still necessary or not.
      Have a nice day
      http://www.duneram.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Well if the phpBB database has any additional tables or fields that are not in the default db, then this certainly could be the issue. Yaybe the ones that are failing have info in these non-standard fields.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• axisoverdrive
          • Jan 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Do you get any error messages? Have you tried repairing the phpBB database first?
          I don't get any error messages with any of hte modules, Steve. However, there are a few posts that DO fail (invalid Impexdata: failed on threadid).

As for repairing the table first, this has not happened. I'll give it a shot.

Also, we have not added any new columns or made adjustments to the phpBB tables in any way, or at least that we know of. We don't install many mods.
          Last edited by axisoverdrive; Mon 5 Feb '07, 1:01pm.

Comment

• axisoverdrive
            • Jan 2007
            • 3.6.x

I optimized and repaired the phpBB database via PHPMYSQL, and everything turned out fine.

Tried to reimport the database into VB, and the same result; out of the 28,380 posts, only 17,298 were imported with 2067 failed.

I noticed too that i've only imported 2182 threads, while my phpbb forum has 2214 topics. There were no "failed" threads imported indicated, so i'm wondering if there's any correlation between the 32 missing threads and all the posts that aren't being imported....

I appreciate your help!

Comment

• axisoverdrive
              • Jan 2007
              • 3.6.x

There don't seem to be any extraneous columns in the phpBB posts tables. FYI, they are:

phpbb_posts
              post_id
              topic_id
              forum_id
              poster_id
              post_time
              poster_ip
              post_username
              enable_bbcode
              enable_html
              enable_smilies
              enable_sig
              post_edit_time
              post_edit_count
              rating_rank_id

and

phpbb_posts_text
              post_id
              post_subject
              post_text

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

I've just updated the phpBB importer to 2.0.22 and tested on quite a few imports, it should be fine. Best to check the thread/post count in the database of phpBB, then see what ImpEx reports on the import, then see the count in the vBulletin database.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• axisoverdrive
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 3.6.x

I've upgraded to the new IMPEX and retried the import. still same problem.

I've contacted technical support and hope things can be resolved there!

Thanks, everyone.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...