Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarosciak
    • Apr 2005

Fatal Error (Out of Memory)

Member of my board are posting all over the place now, saying they are receiving this error message:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 9699328) (tried to allocate 1572864 bytes) in \...\...\showthread.php (1957) : eval()'d code on line 400

This is really confusing. I am running it on a 3.4 GHz dual Pentium, dedicated server with 2gb of memory and php.ini is setting for memory was changed from 16mb to 160mb (just in case). And of course, rebooted Apache afterwards.

Anyhow, I am running: vBulletin® Version 3.6.4 and users are really bombarding me with reports of this error.

Is there any other place I have to change this memory setting? (Apache, vBulletin?)

Honestly, I do not run such a busy forum, maybe at max. 10000 page views, 500 posts a day, but many users are getting this "fatal error" and a blank screen several times a day now.

Please let me know.
    Forum is at www.goldenretrieverforum.com, you can check it out, but it happens only sporadically.

Joe
    Last edited by jarosciak; Wed 31 Jan '07, 2:25pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Something is using a lot of memory and it would appear from the eval() it is one of your plugins. Unless you can get your host to increase the memory_limit setting in php.ini until you no longer get this error, then you will have to identify which of your plugins is doing this and remove it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jarosciak
      • Apr 2005

It's a dedicated server with 2gigs, I can change it to whatever I want. But I do not see how could any vbulletin plugin use 160mb per one execution of a script. Especially when I was running this board on far worse server then this one and it was just fine.
      Isn't there something in Apache or PHP setting perhaps?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The server memory is not the issue. The memory_limit setting in php.ini is the issue. See post #2.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...