How do I insert a "go to top" link in every post?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bizilagun
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.5.x

How do I insert a "go to top" link in every post?

Hi everybody, I'd like to insert a "go to top" link in every post. Maybe just by the post number. I've opened "show thread" and "show post" but all I see is PHP, no HTML, and I know nothing about PHP. What can I do? Other useful ideas are welcome!

Thank you!
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

No need to edit the source files!!! All the HTML in vBulletin is contained in the Template system.

AdminCP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> (pick your current style) -> Edit Templates -> Postbit Templates -> postbit or postbit_legacy

If your forum looks like this one, with the avatar, userinfo, etc. ABOVE each post, edit the legacy template.

If your forum has the avatar, user info, etc. to the LEFT of each post on the RIGHT, you want to edit the postbit_legacy template.

Add a link in there somewhere to
    Code:
    <a href="#top">Back to Top</a>
    The #top anchor is already in there.

Comment

• bizilagun
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.5.x

PS: Thank you feldon!!!

Oh, and one more thing I forgot:

Is there any way to make all newly registered users to automatically enter a certain group? OR, can I move HUNDREDS of users from a group to another? Thankyou.

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by bizilagun
        PS: Thank you feldon!!!

Oh, and one more thing I forgot:

Is there any way to make all newly registered users to automatically enter a certain group?
        Sounds like what you really want is a different User Title to be displayed instead of Registered.

Originally posted by bizilagun
        OR, can I move HUNDREDS of users from a group to another? Thankyou.
        AdminCP -> Users -> Move / Prune Users. Tricky to figure out but very effective.

Comment

• bizilagun
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.5.x

Okay, done. In my translation I could see Prune but not Move, that's why I didn't know it was there, LOL. Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...