How do I set Display Options to automatically show all threads from the "Beginning"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Lester
    • Jul 2000
    • 4.1.x

How do I set Display Options to automatically show all threads from the "Beginning"?

How do I set Display Options to automatically show all threads from the "Beginning" for all users? Seems like the default is "Last Month". Some of my forums are not very active, and I'd like to make sure users see all the threads in each forum since the beginning by default so they don't miss anything by accident.

Thanks.
    BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
    sigpic
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Default View Age

Set this for each forum.

Comment

• John Lester
      • Jul 2000
      • 4.1.x

Thank you!
      BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
      sigpic

Comment

• hIBEES
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by John Lester
        How do I set Display Options to automatically show all threads from the "Beginning" for all users? Seems like the default is "Last Month". Some of my forums are not very active, and I'd like to make sure users see all the threads in each forum since the beginning by default so they don't miss anything by accident.

Thanks.
        admin cp > forum permissions > set Default View Age (Default date cut-off for thread display) to show all threads

no too sure thou

LOL too late

Comment

• MonsterMaxx
          • Aug 2003

no way to do this globaly?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by MonsterMaxx
            no way to do this globaly?
            Run this query on your database:

UPDATE forum SET daysprune=-1

After running this query, you need to run this counter:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...