Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eg_92901
    • Jul 2001

Text color of nav bar

How do I change the text color of my navbar? I edited the navbar template and the first and last text shows up right, but not the middle text. And how can I get it to go all the way across?

Also, How do I change the color of the text under the "New Thread" button. It says Subscribe to this thread, and mark all threads as read?

Thanks
  • Kaizen
    • Aug 2001

I think its in the body tag.

The text one.
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

• eg_92901
      • Jul 2001

I need to keep it seperate from the body tag. For example, if I change the text color in the body tag to #FFFFFF I can't read all of the text on the page because by Table bgcolor is #F4F4EA.

Comment

• Kaizen
        • Aug 2001

You could put color tags round the individual pieces of text in the templates ?

Comment

• eg_92901
          • Jul 2001

I can't find where to do this at? It seems to be dynamically created. Not hard text.
          Unless I'm just looking in the wrong place

Comment

• Kaizen
            • Aug 2001

That would involve changing code then. Ask at vbulletin.org.

I think the simplist thing to do would be to change your colors.

Comment

• samtha25
              • Feb 2001

Both the navbar and the subscribe to this forum, mark read are links and will display with your main colors for links, unless you create a CSS class or inline style to change them. In the navbar template and the forumdisplay_newthreadlink template, you could try adding a class to the <a> element in the templates, but some browsers probably won't like it. An alternative, since everything on a vB page is in a table cell, is to find each instance of navbar on the templates and apply the class to the TD ( <td class="difflinks">). That's easy for the newthreadlink template, because it only appears on fourmdisplay, but would be quite a chore for navbar. I'd try the <a> class first.

For best results, declare a color and background for the class, even though you don't expect to use them, then declare each of the link types separately like so:

Code:
              .difflinks { color: red; background-color: white }
              .difflinks a:link { color: green; background-color: transparent }
              .difflinks a:visited { color: green; background-color: transparent }
              .difflinks a:hover { color: orange; background-color: transparent }
              .difflinks a:active { color: blue; background-color: transparent }
              If you want the links to have different background colors, use the color instead of "transparent". This seems to work with most browsers from 4-6 families. Make sure to declare the links in the order I've given or you get erratic results with different browsers.

HTH.
              Last edited by samtha25; Wed 2 Jan '02, 12:43am.

Comment

• Chen
                • Jun 2001

Doesn't require any code changes, just template editing. Namely, the nav_linkon template is what you're looking for.
                Add the class like samtha25 said and add it to that template's <a> tag.
                Chen Avinadav
                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...