X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbiweb
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Toolbar backgrounds have inconsistent CSS/StyleVars

I want to change the background of the toolbars on forumdisplay and showthread. These are the toolbars that have
    Forum Tools | Administrative | Search Forum | Inline Mod
    and
    Thread Tools | Administrative | Search Thread | Rate This Thread | Display | Inline Mod.

Before Gold, the following was fairly simple to do (read: consistent and somewhat logical). In Gold, however, it goes like this.....

The toolbar on forumdisplay has no stylevar associated with it (as it did pre-Gold), and trying to find anywhere in the templates that controls the background of that specific toolbar is 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back. In the end I decided to simply add my own css statement in the forumdisplay.css template, like this:

Find:
    Code:
    .above_threadlist_controls div {
    Add Below:
    Code:
    background: {vb:stylevar blockhead_background.backgroundColor} {vb:stylevar blockhead_background.backgroundImage} repeat-x top {vb:stylevar left};
    That took care of the toolbar on forumdisplay. I then moved to showthread and expected to do the same thing for that template (showthread.css), but wait! Look! showthread.css already has it there! I was very pleased to see that, but that pleasure was clipped by the question of

"Why didn't they put it in the other template????"

Anyway, just wanted to rant a little, with the secondary hope that someone important enough will happen to read this and know what to do. Now back to my customization project.....
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~
  • evilTone
    • Apr 2004

tried allsorts, i cant work out howto change text colour in this menu,

Thread Tools | Administrative | Search Thread | Rate This Thread | Display | Inline Mod.

looking for ".above_threadlist_controls div {" in showthread.css i tried this with no luck, and menus still have default dark font colour
    Code:
    .above_threadlist_controls div {
        -moz-border-radius: {vb:stylevar forummenu_border_radius};
        -webkit-border-radius: {vb:stylevar forummenu_border_radius};
        text-align: {vb:stylevar right};
        width: 100%;
        clear: both;
        float: {vb:stylevar left};
    color: lime;
    }
    reading up showthread.css a bit i have 2 entries for ".above_threadlist_controls {". is this normal ? css is not my thing tbh

Code:
    .above_threadlist_controls {
        margin-top: {vb:math {vb:stylevar padding}/2};
        float: {vb:stylevar right};
        clear: both;
    }

.above_threadlist_controls {
        display:block;
        width: 100%;
        border: {vb:stylevar forummenu_border};
        background: {vb:stylevar forummenu_background};
        _background-image: none;
        margin-top: {vb:math {vb:stylevar padding}/2};
        margin-bottom: 0;
        position: relative;
        -moz-border-radius: {vb:stylevar forummenu_border_radius};
        -webkit-border-radius: {vb:stylevar forummenu_border_radius};
        float: {vb:stylevar left};
    }

Comment

• cbiweb
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

I posted this solution that worked perfectly in RC4, and works almost perfectly in Gold. The one problem now is the hover color on the menu you are asking about. Everything else works, though.
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• evilTone
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by cbiweb
        I posted this solution that worked perfectly in RC4, and works almost perfectly in Gold. The one problem now is the hover color on the menu you are asking about. Everything else works, though.
        tx for the reply

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...