X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AaronB
    • Jun 2000

Originally posted by Jakeman
    Try refreshing the whole browser window, not just the main frame.
    When I go to login to the ACP it says "logged in" and then refreshes to the ACP. The only frame that is logged in is the main one, the other 2 have login prompts.

No. It will only change the settings for your test board.
    I know the settings are only changed on the test board, but by setting the cookiepath to / I now have the SAME settings on both the test board and the main board. So both have a cookiepath of / which means they will both use the same cookie, or overwrite eachother... right?
    Aaron
    DisneySites!! MessageBoards
    http://boards.disneysites.com/

Comment

• AaronB
      • Jun 2000

OK... did a little digging of my own and found that the cookie for "bbadminsession" doesn't appear to get set.. or at least doesn't stay set.

I put in some echo statements and such and found that if I call $_COOKIE['bbadminsession'] immediately after it's set, it comes back correctly. But if I go and open the cookie, I don't see it in there. Don't know if it's getting UNset later (which I doubt since I "exit;" right after I echo to the screen what $_COOKIE['bbadminsession'] is), or what.

So when the page refreshes after the "thank you, you are logged in" screen, the value is not in the cookie and sends you right back to the login screen.

In my cookie I have bblastvisit,bblastactivity,bbuserid,bbpassword but no 'bbadminsession'.

If I change admincp/global.php line 130 to "if ($foo)" I can then get into the ACP fine... but then again, so can everyone else.

Hope this helps someone smarter then me...
      Aaron
      DisneySites!! MessageBoards
      http://boards.disneysites.com/

Comment

• PGAmerica
        • Mar 2003

Keir, you are awesome. That fix_login.php was perfect.

Thank you

Comment

• Mac Write
          • Oct 2001
          • 4.2.x

Suggestion

in the extra's folder you should have a script call "Dev Server" which clears the cookie domain., since so many people have this problem.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by AaronB
            OK... did a little digging of my own and found that the
            I put in some echo statements and such and found that if I call $_COOKIE['bbadminsession'] immediately after it's set, it comes back correctly. But if I go and open the cookie, I don't see it in there. Don't know if it's getting UNset later (which I doubt since I "exit;" right after I echo to the screen what $_COOKIE['bbadminsession'] is), or what.
            I assume you mean you're looking for it in the cookie file itself. In which case you won't see it because it's only a session cookie; it's never actually written to the hard drive.

Can you try to login to the CP, then refresh the page a couple times (make sure you're not posting the login data back to the server) and check that the bbadminsession cookie is "sticking"?

Comment

• Paul
              • Dec 2001
              • 3.6.x

i'm having a problem too. I get logged out when there is no sessionhash in the URL. I have closed my browser and cleared all of my cookies. I set my cookiepath to "/vb3" during the install so it would be different than my main forums.
              The problem is the required format of cookiepath. vBulletin 2 and 3 do not check to see if the specified value meets the requirements of the cookie RFCs. When a path is defined by a cookie, it must be preceeded by a slash and NOT have a trailing slash. For example:

vb3
              /vb3/
              vb3/

Are all invalid cookiepaths.

In order to be a valid cookiepath, the value MUST be /vb3:

/<path>/<to>/<forums>

It may be helpful to at least document this in the setting control panel or include sanity checking to ensure that the value entered has slashes in front of and in back of the user supplied text. This would be trivial.

Note, once the path is incorrectly set you will need to clear out the cookies and cache from your browser before it will work. It took me quite a few tries to get it all cleared out. Opera has a built in feature to warn you when cookiepaths are invalid and can be useful in helping to debug this.

setcookie()'s man page briefly alludes to this requirement and includes a link to the corresponding RFC documents.

Best wishes,
              Paul

Edited: Trailing slash is a no-no.
              Last edited by Paul; Mon 23 Jun '03, 2:58am.

Comment

• Iguana
                • Jan 2003

I tired the fix and everything else mentioned here, but it still won't let me login to the ACP.

Comment

• Silver_2000
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Iguana
                  I tired the fix and everything else mentioned here, but it still won't let me login to the ACP.
                  This may be obvious to everyone else BUT to have true admin rights to have to have the user id of the admin user in the config.php. I had the username in there at first ....

Doug
                  http://www.TALONClub.com/forum
                  http://www.prowltalk.com
                  http://www.nloc.net
                  http://www.nhtoc.com

Comment

• Iguana
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Silver_2000
                    This may be obvious to everyone else BUT to have true admin rights to have to have the user id of the admin user in the config.php. I had the username in there at first ....

Doug

It's a fresh install, so there can't be any member ID's....

Comment

• Silver_2000
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Iguana
                      It's a fresh install, so there can't be any member ID's....
                      You create userid 1 ( admin ) when you install the product. For that id to have true admin rights it MUST be in the config.php file

Doug
                      http://www.TALONClub.com/forum
                      http://www.prowltalk.com
                      http://www.nloc.net
                      http://www.nhtoc.com

Comment

• mtha
                        • Oct 2002
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by LoveShack
                        The problem is the required format of cookiepath. vBulletin 2 and 3 do not check to see if the specified value meets the requirements of the cookie RFCs. When a path is defined by a cookie, it must be preceeded by a slash and have a trailing slash. For example:

vb3
                        vb3/
                        /vb3

Are all invalid cookiepaths.

In order to be a valid cookiepath, the value MUST be /vb3/:

/<path>/<to>/<forums>/

Best wishes,
                        Paul
                        Hmm, somehow it doesnt work for me.

- I changed cookiepath, and couldnt logged in to ACP
                        - I ran fix_login.php to set cookiepath back to / and be able to login to ACP again
                        - I change cookie path again, to /vb3/, close all browsers, and try to come back to ACP again, but I couldnt. I was logged out after the logging in welcome text..
                        - If I leave cooke path to be /, it works fine.

It doesnt seem like I can use cookiepath for right now.

Can anyone confirm this?
                        Last edited by mtha; Sat 14 Jun '03, 11:53am.

Comment

• Iguana
                          • Jan 2003

Nope. Still nothing.

Comment

• Paul
                            • Dec 2001
                            • 3.6.x

You'd need to completely clear out your browser's cache and cookies. Then close the browser, perhaps even log out of your account on your computer or restart it. That cookie permission thing seems to be remembered by IE for a rather long time even after deleting all temporary internet files and cookies. I had to do it a few times before getting it to work. If your forums are located at www.domain.com/forums/vb3/ you'd have to make the following settings:

cookie domain: either blank, "www.domain.com", or ".domain.com"--depending on the scope of your cookie needs.

cookie path: "/" or "/forums/" or "/forums/vb3/"

Be warned, that if you run both vb2 and vb3 on the same domain, that the cookie with the greatest scope will override the cookie with the limited scope. Therefore, if your vb2 settings have a cookiepath of "/", vb3 will try to log you in with a vb2 cookie and fail.

Comment

• Paul
                              • Dec 2001
                              • 3.6.x

Hey you know what? I can't get it to let me stay logged in either. Damn vbulletin. Perhaps the cookie check is b0rked. I'll look into it later.

Comment

• Iguana
                                • Jan 2003

At the risk of sounding stupid, I must ask:

How do I change cookie paths? I've never done it before because I never had the need to, so I have no idea how to change cookie paths.

Comment