Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairyMonster
    • May 2001

Email Problem

Ok since upgrading my site to vbull 2.2.9 I have been experiencing a few problems, the first of which is that when my members request a new password to be sent certain groups do not get new mail. This is not a problem with our mail server as I have had that fully checked out and it works fine.

I have since upgraded to 2.3.0 full version and it is the same, it sends mail out to some email addresses but not others.

I thought it was just myself having this problem but I have chatted to a few friends who are having exactly the same problems with thier sites.

Anyone care to look into this issue ?

H
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Sorry but if some email is working and some is not, then this is a server or mailbox issue. You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• HairyMonster
      • May 2001

No the server is working fine cos it sends mail out no problem to those addresses without a problem, its just via vbulletin that it does it.

The forum software onmy site is hacked but even when I did a fresh install with no hacks it was just the same.

There is NO problem with the server and this is not the only site I know of having this problem thier are quite a few all on Diff servers.

H

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

What do the mail logs say about these emails?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...