X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gothic
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by xtremeoff-road
    LOL you are all smarter than me, I would not even know how to identify a site using a pirated verion.
    Erm..... most URL's end in ".ru"

Comment

• BrandNIC
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by gothic
      That's no indication of pirated versions, Simply an extension.
      I've Gone to find Myself, If I return before I get back (Keep Me Here)

Comment

• technoguy
        • Jun 2005

U mean to say only Russians use pirated softwares, thats a bit racist mate

Comment

• steven s
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Bad_i_BILL
          I AM!

I have 6 year old twins that play in the yard. We have several targets that speed down our road. (Targets, I am throwing whatever I can pick up at their car).
          As long as they don't play on a 6 lane highway you have nothing to worry about from me. It's not like I'm doing 110 in a 55.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Quillz
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by xtremeoff-road
            LOL you are all smarter than me, I would not even know how to identify a site using a pirated verion.
            Very true. It's incredibly difficult to tell if a board is pirated or not. That's why you're betting off letting Jelsoft know if you have any doubts about the legality of x board. Remember, though... Just because a board doesn't have many hacks or members, doesn't mean it's not legal! (I know with IPB, most people assume "simple" boards are pirated.)
            Forums

Comment

• gothic
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BrandNIC
              That's no indication of pirated versions, Simply an extension.
              Wake up m8, I'm a little slow and a little old but I was referring the fact that most of the sites where illegal downloads are available are .ru NOT that if a site has that extension then the downloads are illegal DAH!

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

How would you go about knowing if a vBulletin board is a pirate board or legit anyway. How can you tell?

Originally posted by Technoguy
                U mean to say only Russians use pirated softwares, thats a bit racist mate
                Thing is though, a lot of these russian sites know they can't be taken offline though so easy for using pirate software simply because of the country there hosted in which US laws have no say over.
                Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 6 Sep '05, 9:27pm.

Comment

• Quillz
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 5.0.X

Wake up m8, I'm a little slow and a little old but I was referring the fact that most of the sites where illegal downloads are available are .ru NOT that if a site has that extension then the downloads are illegal DAH!
                  Actually, I bet most illegal downloads come from RapidShare.de, or any other P2P network (Kazaa, LimeWire, etc.)
                  Forums

Comment

• BrandNIC
                    • Nov 2004

Ummm You should have been more specific then the first time around, I was referring to the reply you gave to how to spot an Illegal board .
                    Hello, I'd like to know if Jelsoft has some kind of reward for people that report about nulled version of vbulletin. If I report you 3 links of warez site where vbulletin can be downloade, 2 links of forums that uses nulled vbulletin, will Jelsoft give me a license of vbulletin for free ?

so I didnt see anything about where downloads were available as you replied here.

Oh that (DAH!)shure seems a bit childish dont ya think?

All in All I see your point, I've myself seen Nulled versions for download but dont recall the .ru as being the main ext for the sites.
                    Last edited by BrandNIC; Tue 6 Sep '05, 9:19pm.
                    I've Gone to find Myself, If I return before I get back (Keep Me Here)

Comment

• gothic
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BrandNIC

All in All I see your point, I've myself seen Nulled versions for download but dont recall the .ru as being the main ext for the sites.
                      I suppose it depends on a persons own experience. The few sites I have seen offering illegal downloads are definitely either Rusian or Greek. One other thing that I find disturbing is that these sites can be found quite innocently, simply by doing a google/yahoo search for a software.

Oh that (DAH!)shure seems a bit childish dont ya think?
                      My Daughter calls me intollerably intollerant! I have no patience, definitely nothing personal. Just me I'm afraid

Comment

• baronvon
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Floris
                        I 100% disagree with that statement.
                        Compare our software against the others on the market, we're cheaper and are not even 0% close to the enterprise licenses some sell. And still people pirate it.

Some people pirate no matter what the price.
                        Face it they are not customers you want anyway.

Offer enhancements seperately, checking for cracks retrospectively, the frequent outages will make admins tire of a pirate version soon enough if they get enough members.

Offer a registration process for support, write self modifying code,the list goes on.

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 1.1.x

wondering, why this thread is not yet closed
                          TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

• MRGTB
                            • May 2005

Remember though, were do these Pirates running illegal versions of vBulletin go for help and advice and a backup service for there boards? Not here that for sure!

Sometimes illegal versions help make people buy the legit versions to get proper support. (Kind of a test before you buy). While it wrong to do it. It can acually lead to sales in the long run in a lot of cases.

I bet there are quite a few people here who ran an illegal board at first and were so impressed they decided to buy and run it legal.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

There are no Rewards given besides that warm and cozy feeling you get when reporting the possibe pirate site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...