Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doggy
    • Aug 2005

Hi. When loading up custom avatars I keep seeing this message? What is the error and how to I prevent this message from showing up? Thanks. Here is the message:
    There has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully.

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Run the Upload Diagnostics and report back the results:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Upload

Also, in the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• doggy
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Steve Machol

Also, in the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
      It says to attach a small file for upload. What file to I attach?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Attach any file you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• doggy
          • Aug 2005

I also was looking for the Server Setting and Optimization Options section in the Admin CP. Where exactly do I find that? I expanded everything and did not see that section.

Comment

• doggy
            • Aug 2005

Attach any file you want.
            Done and here are the results:

Pertinent PHP Settings file_uploads:Onopen_basedir:Nonesafe_mode:Offupload_tmp_dir:Noneupload_max_filesize:2M

Results No errors occurred while opening the uploaded file for reading.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

And the URL to your forums? Also are you storing custom avatars in the databasse or the file system?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• doggy
                • Aug 2005

And the URL to your forums? Also are you storing custom avatars in the databasse or the file system?
                Oh the URL is www.corvettevalley.com

There are two custom avatars uploaded on two members accounts. But none are stored in the database or the file system that I know of.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

They have to be stored in either the database or the file system. Which is it?

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

Also you have not enabled the phpinfo display as I requested earlier so I could troubleshoot this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• doggy
                    • Aug 2005

They have to be stored in either the database or the file system. Which is it?

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

Also you have not enabled the phpinfo display as I requested earlier so I could troubleshoot this.
                    I posted this earlier. I should have put in all in one post. Sorry about that.

Hi. When loading up custom avatars I keep seeing this message? What is the error and how to I prevent this message from showing up? Thanks. Here is the message: There has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully.

I could not find that section in Admin CP. Let me see if I can find the attachment storage type. I am all new to this. Only been 24 hours.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• doggy
                        • Aug 2005

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
                        Display has been enabled.

Attachments are currently being stored in the database.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

There's nothing there that would cause this problem. Could you please attach one of the avatars causing this problem to this thread?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• doggy
                            • Aug 2005

There's nothing there that would cause this problem. Could you please attach one of the avatars causing this problem to this thread?
                            Thanks for checking. Attaching one of the avatars as requested.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

<Wrong forum. This should be for 3.0.x. Moved>

I had no problem uploading that avatar. The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment