X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

At this time there is no official Gallery for vB. The two add-ons I know about are PhotoPost and vBGallery. You will need to contact those sites for more information about their products. You might also want to ask at the vB mod site: www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Khaleel
      Banned
      • Oct 2004

You could do that with vbulletin using javascript tweeks (about invision having a gallery at least vbulletins mod gallerys are free! invision charge for everything!)

Comment

• brinnie

Originally posted by Khaleel
        You could do that with vbulletin using javascript tweeks (about invision having a gallery at least vbulletins mod gallerys are free! invision charge for everything!)
        Your right. invision is stroking.

But at this point it's npt really a matter of which forum is better, but which Gallery... I'm gonna keep looking. If you guys know of anything else that supports your product, feel free to post it.

-Brinnie

Comment

• brinnie

I just got banned from Invision for asking why their gallery didn't work with IPB 2.1?

crazy people.

Comment

• adguru
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by brinnie
            I just got banned from Invision for asking why their gallery didn't work with IPB 2.1?

crazy people.
            LOL don't worry mate, that's pretty normal comparing to http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=389426

All the best!
            =)

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
              • Sep 2001

We'll I guess that makes your forum purchasing decision a little easier, in fact they did you a favor by defining customer support.
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Dream
                • Mar 2001
                • 3.6.x

take a look at http://photopost.com/
                Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                  • Jun 2002

there's also a gallery @ www.vbadvanced.com
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 5.1.x

Originally posted by adguru
                    LOL don't worry mate, that's pretty normal comparing to http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=389426

All the best!
                    I swear, is that all that ever gets posted around here in terms of anti-IPB crap. Its sickening, especially since I'm a customer of both boards. Do some of you have that bookmarked or something?! If brinnie got banned, and its a mistake that happened or a misunderstanding, people posting crap like that link above look like fools. Especially considering NO PHYSICAL PROOF (screen snaps, etc.) beyond that persons word has EVER materialized. Maybe I should make claims like that about VB and post them on other boards, then when someone on IPB or elsewhere asks the same questions, I post a link to what was posted. Heck, maybe I could falsely claim I was banned just to add to it. No one could prove otherwise right? Would you just take my word for it too? Stuff like that can be EASILY made up. Think about it. Geez. Let's just fuel the BS fire.

I looked at your posts and saw nothing wrong. Contact them and see why you were banned...or if you were banned and thats its not a simple problem. It showed you posting up through the 9th. Saying you were banned for asking why their gallery didn't work with IPB 2.1 is useless. Why? Maybe it never had anything to do with that. Did you read the forum rules before posting to make sure you didn't accidentally break any? 95% of the people that get banned or in trouble are usually the ones that never read the rules before posting. Also, IPB 2.1 is still in Alpha. That would be like asking why none of the hacks (like the Vbadvanced CMS) worked with VB 3.5 BEFORE it was released into Beta, even though they work with VB 3.07. Its the same reasoning. IPB 2.1 is still alpha, is not released, and until its at least in Beta, will not work with the gallery or other hacks properly. They are not being worked on side by side.

Want a better solution than the VB gallery, with more options?

photopost.com

And yes, it does work with 3.5.

Also, per forum rules:

While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
                    Last edited by whitetigergrowl; Mon 11 Jul '05, 12:10am.

Comment

• Nirex

That sux.
                      Invision has one
                      Go Invision!

Comment

• adguru
                        • Jul 2004

crazy people.
                        Glad to see that you went ahead and purchased vB (I can see your posts in the support area).

You very much made the right decision!
                        =)

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
                          • Jun 2004
                          • 5.1.x

The CMS would probably be here before the gallery. And let's face it, any chances of seeing a CMS from Vbulletin anytime in our lifetimes is unlikely. Especially seeing as how talk of it dates back to 2001-2002....AT LEAST. Sure they talk about the re-write for VB 3.5 being part of the reason among others, but lets face it, what would it offer that ones like Vbadvanced, VBportal, or MKportal don't already offer, let alone for a paying price. So spend that hard earned money elsewhere. Photopost is feature rich and integrates well into VB 3.0+ AND 3.5. And IMO, I don't believe Jelsoft takes the CMS or gallery thing very seriously.

So my advice? Until Jelsoft decides to open up on things to the people a bit more, spend the money elsewhere gallery and cms-wise. Odds of you getting a direct answer from any of them is almost 'nill. They could release it tomorrow or 5 years from now. You won't know until they release it.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                            • Jun 2002

I think you're too quick to judge, White. My preference, be good at one thing before you start investing and jumping into another market.

It's really hard to be good at everything, and when you're small and try to be the best at everything, you stretch yourself out too thin and compromise key areas of your strengths, whether it be support, coding, security, or customer service. But if you dedicate yourself to one product, and build yourself up properly, you can be good at multiple items. It may take a while to do it, but it is very much accomplishable.

Besides, you're forgetting one key person of Jelsoft: John. He was the first developer for vBulletin before he handed the reigns over to Kier, and he also has experience in writing Content Management Systems. In fact, the one he wrote for VBWorld is still being used today.

Note the fact that's he's virtually off the radar screen, so I wouldn't be so sure write him off. I'm pretty confident he's been experiementing with developing the dream CMS we've been all waiting for.

With 3.5 nearly here, its the doorway to other Jelsoft products. I think you don't give enough credit to Jelsoft. They most definitely take other products seriously, but it isn't just a matter of coding a script up and sending it out to the market. Anybody can do that.

It's also making sure you have a good customer base, a good customer service base, and most of all, the resources, and revenue to invest in. I think Jelsoft has nearly perfected the customer service and has quite an extensive customer base. Now its making sure the proper resources are in place (like making sure vBulletin itself just plugs right into the CMS without any problems) and proper personnel to help the project.
                            Last edited by ManagerJosh; Mon 11 Jul '05, 11:32pm.
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• DaFire
                              • Mar 2003

depending on how much control you have over your server you can map username.yourhost.com easiely to the vbulletin profile page of the user

you will get problems with user who use special chars, though.

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
                                • Jun 2004
                                • 5.1.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                                I think you're too quick to judge, White. My preference, be good at one thing before you start investing and jumping into another market.

It's really hard to be good at everything, and when you're small and try to be the best at everything, you stretch yourself out too thin and compromise key areas of your strengths, whether it be support, coding, security, or customer service. But if you dedicate yourself to one product, and build yourself up properly, you can be good at multiple items. It may take a while to do it, but it is very much accomplishable.

Besides, you're forgetting one key person of Jelsoft: John. He was the first developer for vBulletin before he handed the reigns over to Kier, and he also has experience in writing Content Management Systems. In fact, the one he wrote for VBWorld is still being used today.

Note the fact that's he's virtually off the radar screen, so I wouldn't be so sure write him off. I'm pretty confident he's been experiementing with developing the dream CMS we've been all waiting for.

With 3.5 nearly here, its the doorway to other Jelsoft products. I think you don't give enough credit to Jelsoft. They most definitely take other products seriously, but it isn't just a matter of coding a script up and sending it out to the market. Anybody can do that.

It's also making sure you have a good customer base, a good customer service base, and most of all, the resources, and revenue to invest in. I think Jelsoft has nearly perfected the customer service and has quite an extensive customer base. Now its making sure the proper resources are in place (like making sure vBulletin itself just plugs right into the CMS without any problems) and proper personnel to help the project.
                                Key point here though. A CMS or gallery. Jelsoft would need something superior to say, VBGallery or Photopost (for example) gallerywise, and loads of cms' and portals that integrate with VB, in order to compete in the market should they decide to go that route, and especially if they decided to charge. Sure one can bring up customer support, but other sites could offer the same sort of support and have the same sort of features. And one of the biggest complaints I see about the current cms' and galleries that integrate with the forums is just that, they look too forumish.

Look back through the threads and posts on VB. The whole VB CMS thing has been talked about since AT LEAST 2002. And honestly, I believe that while the plug-in thing may be left open for later use by Jelsoft, its mainly for the mod makers at this point. Some of you have been holding out hope for years now. I would take the hint. I would be suprised to hear ANYTHING of a gallery or cms for VB from Jelsoft anytime in the next 2 years. You'll hear more about VB4 than you will a cms or gallery anytime soon. You can hold out hope. I'm going to be a realist. History for Jelsoft proves that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...