Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osariase1
    • Mar 2005

Hacked!!!!!

Help guys My site has just been hacked, it was fine lastnight this morning went in and i'm redirected to another page

This is unbelievable, what I am going to do

Help please!!!!!
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

If you have a database backup, use that to restore your board.

If you don't, contact your host and see if he has a backup. If so, ask him to restore the database with that backup.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Nukey
      • Apr 2005

Also be sure to change all of your passwords!

Comment

• Nirex

and move to a diff forum software, vB is crap

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

What version are you running? If you are running an older insecure version then that could explain why you were hacked. Always run the latest version or be sure to apply security patches.

You can't know the exact cause without examining your server logs.

Comment

• osariase1
            • Mar 2005

I am using vb 3.7,
            I cannot reach my hosting company because they said its a holiday weekend.

Now i'm really messed up. the funny thing is that when you go to the site below

http://www.naijaworld.com you are redirected to another page

but when you go to

You are able to log in to the site but the problem is you cannot login and see the homepage which is adv_portal

Please guys is there anything I can do right now,

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Honestly it sounds like your web account was compromised. Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem and we'll try to do what we can to fix the problem.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• osariase1
                • Mar 2005

Where Can i get the patches you mentioned in the previous reply

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

If you are running 3.0.7 AND you downloaded this before March 18 2005, then there is only one patch:

It has come to our attention that an XSS issue exists within vBulletin 3 in versions up to and including 3.0.7. However, the circumstances that allow this XSS issue to be exploited are rare so the vast majority of installations will be unaffected. Your installation is vulnerable if You do not Allow Search Wild Cards or

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rolla
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 3.6.x

go to vbadvanced.com and download the fix for the shoutbox module. Over 18 forums were hit overnight.
                    Last edited by Rolla; Sun 3 Jul '05, 11:00am.

Comment

• osariase1
                      • Mar 2005

Does this have something to do with my site been hacked? I am trying to log in to my admin I cannot log in to my admincp, its like everything seems to be falling apart, everything seems to be screwed up right about now. I need the help I can get anyone available to help I cant even use my password to get into the admincp

Help please
                      Originally posted by corollasbest
                      go to vbadvanced.com and download the fix for the shoutbox module. Over 18 forums were hit overnight.
                      http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/show...9&postcount=32

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

I offered to help in post #7. However if you have hacks installed, then the first thing you need to do is reupload the original vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• osariase1
                          • Mar 2005

I have sent all the information you required Steve, thanks for your assistance in the mean time what should I do?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

Did you reupload the original vB files? Also since it appears your web account was hacked, I recommend you contact your web host and ask them to investigate this. You should also have them change your account password.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• osariase1
                              • Mar 2005

Can you please tell me where to locate activity logs of attemps and other activities in last day. Because the site was fine up until about 1am last night when i went to bed

Is there anyway I can check the logs? please tell me how to thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...