Think to buy Vbulletin, have a questions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edogs
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Zodiak
    Yourself, so angry about Steve
    We are not angry to Steve. What the strange idea? We happy to hear fast and quick response from Steve, and they are obviously as full as possible.

Sorry for being boring, but the latest question:-)
    We had browsing Russian forums about vbulletin and enough often heard about problems with paying for vbulletin from Russia. Since our location we can't use paypal. So, we'll need to use credit card. But we were told, and many times, that credit cards from Russia not always acceptable, and nobody knows exactly there the problem is.
    If it's true, then please, tell us the list of requirements to credit card which can be used for make payment for vbulletin. We are going to open credit card specially to buy vbulletin, so there are no place for mistake.

Comment

• Colin F
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Alfarin
      3b) [...]However, after March 8th 2005, you will no longer be able to download anything from Jelsoft's member area.
      Sorry, got to correct that.

You will still be able to download the version of vBulletin that was available when your license expired.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• marianmartin
        • Oct 2004

I'm nothing to do with the VBulletin team

We recently installed VB, after our previous forum was hacked. After the hacking our host told us "Go for VBulletin, it's the best, fastest and most secure and the service is brilliant." I didn't take his advice at first, because there was no VB trial, but downloaded phpbb and invision, which our host control panel still had on as a Fantastico trial install.
        As to phpbb, I found the admin very complicated and the forum members I got to test things preferred Invision's features.
        When I asked Invision for advice the reply was a very rude e-mail "You shouldn't have a trial it's illegal." I explained how I had got it and they said I could use for 30 days, but none of the resposes to queries were very helpful after that.
        So I went for leased VB and all I can say is that I wish I had not wasted time even looking at the others.

Comment

• Andy Huang
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Colin F
          Sorry, got to correct that.

You will still be able to download the version of vBulletin that was available when your license expired.
          I guess I must've read this post incorrectly or perhaps there was a small mis-understanding?
          Best Regards,
          Andy Huang

Comment

• Colin F
            • May 2004

A misunderstanding I guess

I thought I remembered downloading 3.0.2 for a client whos access had expired and 3.0.3 was already available at the time.
            I must have been mistaken, as I'm sure Steve know's it better and I don't have any way to check this

Thanks for your heads-up
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Hooper
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.5.x

Steve wrote:

1. Quantity discounts begin when you purchase three or more licenses.

Hey Steve, You might mention all at once. I never received any discount at all out of the 5 owned licensed I've purchased individually. Not a dime. Nor did I receive any discount on the Jelsoft Branding Removal. That was a chunk of change you know. Maybe I should read the thread. Let me guess, this was already mentioned.

edogs,

Steve and I had the same issues back in our day with other un-named forum software and their management practices. Steve cannot say what I will, so here it is. Do vb, it's the best, you'll soon too then forget about the rest.

Besides that. Freddie is here. Everyone likes Freddie. Ok, George too, and Steve, and Kier, and Wayne, and ugh ... well... it really never ends.
              Last edited by Hooper; Tue 11 Jan '05, 8:37am.

Comment

• edogs
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Hooper
                Steve wrote:
                Hey Steve, You might mention all at once. I never received any discount at all out of the 5 owned licensed I've purchased individually. Not a dime. Nor did I receive any discount on the Jelsoft Branding Removal. That was a chunk of change you know. Maybe I should read the thread. Let me guess, this was already mentioned.
                We think you have right to discount. We had asked at first page if they needed to be bought at once. See the reply of Steve The discounts will begin with the purchase of the thrid license and every subsequent license - as long as the licenses are kept under the same account.
                From this, if you bought all licenses under same account, we understand it the way you have right to discounts. But if you bought it under different accounts - then you don't have right to discounts.
                If we are wrong, we would like to know it.

Besides that. Freddie is here. Everyone likes Freddie. Ok, George too, and Steve, and Kier, and ... well... it really never ends.
                Thank you all guys!:-)
                Last edited by edogs; Tue 11 Jan '05, 8:41am.

Comment

• Hooper
                  • Apr 2001
                  • 3.5.x

Well for sure take alook at my join date. I've been around for a while. So maybe Jelsoft has new policy on that matter. In fact, I do know that they have changed policy on the branding removal some time ago. I paid 600 for all licenses no matter how long or how many I purchased to remove the Jelsoft Branding. More of a lifetime deal. Now they do the per license deal. So, maybe there is a policy change on purchasing new licenses. I just haven't had the need for a new license in a while.

If you are correct with what you post, Jelsoft owes me some cash. Id'e imagine I fall under the old terms of service and old agreements. Not sure. All of my licenses are under my original account. No one throwing money my way. That's for sure.

Regardless of what gets rectified in your thread however, I will say that you don't need to waste money or time. vB is heads above the rest and has been for years in the market they target. But I do want my discounts If entitled to them Jsoft.
                  Last edited by Hooper; Tue 11 Jan '05, 10:04am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Hooper
                    Steve wrote:

Send your customer number to me so I can check this out. Note, the discounts apply when you purchase these license on the same account. If they were purchased separately under diffferent accounts, then no discount applies.

Also you purchased the branding free option when it was at a much higher price but included *all* the licenses you purchase under that account. The branding free per license option became available later.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• edogs
                      • Jan 2005

Sorry for reasking, but please, someone from support team, help us in our latest question:-)
                      Hello, We are really thinking to buy and install vbulletin, but need a couple of answers, preferable from vbulletin team. We understand that question are probably general, but we don't need general answers some kind "anything can happend"... so here it is. 1) We are partially working web-studio and many of our clients

Probably it was missed.
                      Basically, we reason is that we don't own credit card now, had no need, so it's very important for us to be sure that all will be ok from this side and make correct choice and buy a acceptable one:-)

Comment

• Hooper
                        • Apr 2001
                        • 3.5.x

Ok. Sent to [email protected] - attn: Steve Machol

Edogs,

There are several payment methods. Of course I see that you cannot use Paypal and do not have a credit card. Have you considered sending a check/MO of some sort in to Jelsoft? They have the address posted someplace if I'm not mistaken. I believe you might be able to do a wire transfer as well. Best wait for Steve to answer that one though.
                        Last edited by Hooper; Tue 11 Jan '05, 11:15am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

As Hooper said, in addition to credit card and PayPal, you can choose to pay with check or wire transfer as well. These options are available when you make your purchase.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• edogs
                            • Jan 2005

Nope, the only way for us in Russia - is credit card, something like visa classic for example and make payment through it. No checks, no MO, no paypal here:-) Terrible wild place:-)
                            But we heard (probably it's rumour or fake) on Russian forums that not all Russian credit cards acceptable, and peoples had problems with paying. So we ask to inform us if this problem exists and if so, then such requirements we have to met to make payment. Only related with credit cards information interested due the our location.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

Actually we have several customers from Russia that have bought multiple licenses with us. They use both credit cards and wire transfers.

This isn't to say that every credit card would be accepted. There are too many variables and ultimately this is decided by the credit card company and our credit card processor. But I know for a fact that this can be done.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• edogs
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                                This isn't to say that every credit card would be accepted. There are too many variables and ultimately this is decided by the credit card company and our credit card processor. But I know for a fact that this can be done.
                                But could you please tell us, or give us any link, or give us any information... which credit card we can choice for payment? We don't have any, and will open one specially for payment for vbulletin (and other e-shop later). So we just need information which banks/company/credit card processor or anything needed can be accepted.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...