Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unreal Player
    • Jan 2005

Advertising your forum

I have a close community of about 30 members. But they are all looking for members. How did anyone succesfull go about advertising their forum?
  • Cole2026
    • Apr 2004
    • 3.6.x

I am in the same position as you, I have 29 members, and havent had a new one in almost 2 and half weeks.

Comment

• Vtec44
      • Jan 2005
      • 3.7.x

I'm in the same situation, but I have about 450 members with a good 40 active members. My site has been around for 3 years, it is on Google/Yahoo/MSN/etc. I recently use http://www.crazyvinyls.com to make some small site decals for cheap, and give them out for free. Hope that will help!
      Last edited by Vtec44; Sun 9 Jan '05, 10:47am.
      So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• towebmasters
        • Jan 2005

How about we all join each others forums and become active posters? I just created a forum myself. www.towebmasters.com

Comment

• Moparx
          • Jan 2005
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Unreal Player
          I have a close community of about 30 members. But they are all looking for members. How did anyone succesfull go about advertising their forum?
          you might be interested in http://www.theadminzone.com
          its a great resource for forum admins
          http://www.virtualinfusion.net
          An Anime and Manga discussion forum.

Comment

• babolo
            • Jan 2004

Affiliates! They are great. Im in the same position and have a couple of affiliates and they are bringing in members. Also my admins have the forum in every one of there signatures. Send out frequent emails to keep members active.

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

Indeed, TAZ is an excellent source of information on all aspects of Community Administration.

My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• sabret00the
                • Jan 2003

members are great but it's posters i want, then again i want to rule the world

Comment

• Quillz
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 5.0.X

You could always manually submit your website through Google and other major search engines. That brings in a lot of traffic for me.
                  Forums

Comment

• Unreal Player
                    • Jan 2005

Haha yeah I have about 300 members but a good 30 of us post daily. They want to expand the members and I'm looking and see forums with freaking 500 - 1,000 logged in at a time. I have no idea how they do it.

Comment

• Quillz
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 5.0.X

Well, I used to be a member at a Christian community that was running vB software. They had about 300,000 members at one time, at it was not uncommon to see as much as 2,000 members on at once!

I don't believe the community exists anymore, but it was one of the largest communities anywhere on the Internet.
                      Forums

Comment

• KimmiKat
                        • Jul 2003

One way to promote your mboard is putting the URL in your sig. I've gotten a few members that way...
                        Kim

Comment

• ThorstenA
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by babolo
                          Affiliates! They are great. Im in the same position and have a couple of affiliates and they are bringing in members. Also my admins have the forum in every one of there signatures. Send out frequent emails to keep members active.
                          It sounds interesting. Could you explain me in a few words what affiliates are ? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

On my web site I've setup a forum to behave as a category, and added sub forums to it where users could get linked. We can agree on a link exchange and then my link shows on their site and their link shows in my links category somewhere.

Comment

• babolo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThorstenA
                              It sounds interesting. Could you explain me in a few words what affiliates are ? Thanks in advance.
                              They are more like link backs. If you put my link on your website I'll put yours on mine. as simple as that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...