Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plan_b
    • Jul 2003

Calling templates

Hello... I have columns that were created by editting the header and footer. I would like to add a menutree for my site menu, but I would like to have it called from a template. How do you call templates, as I have other items that I would also like to add besides the menutree.

I would also like to be able to have my login in one of the columns (removing it but not deleting it from the navbar), would it be better to have it called from a template or hardcoded into my column. I would prefer to use a template and just omit login from the navbar.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Use this PHP code in the phpinclude_start template or in the appropriate script:

Code:
    eval('$varname = "' . fetch_template('templatename') . '";');
    Then you can use $varname in the templates and it will parse to the contents of the template named templatename.

Comment

• plan_b
      • Jul 2003

Thanks Jake

OK... this is what I am trying to do. I would like the login to be in the left column. I basically stripped out every thing that I think was not for the login and kept it in the navbar(so I can compare). Then I put it in to a template and was able to call it.

But in my left column I am unable to have the below show up correctly
      You last visited: Today at 03:11 AM
      Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 0.

It shows up like this:
      Welcome, TraderX.
      You last visited: at

Below is exatly what I have in BOTH templates (login and navbar only)
      Code:
      <script type="text/javascript">
      <!--
      function log_out()
      {
      	ht = document.getElementsByTagName("html");
      	ht[0].style.filter = "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(grayscale=1)";
      	if (confirm('$vbphrase[sure_you_want_to_log_out]'))
      	{
      		return true;
      	}
      	else
      	{
      		ht[0].style.filter = "";
      		return false;
      	}
      }
      //-->
      </script>

<br />

<!-- login, pm info -->
      <table cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
      <tr>
      	  <div class="smallfont">
      		  <!--<span style="float:$stylevar[right]">[<a href="login.php?$session[sessionurl]do=logout&amp;u=$bbuserinfo[userid]" onclick="return log_out()">$vbphrase[log_out]</a>]</span>-->
      		  <strong><phrase 1="$bbuserinfo[username]">$vbphrase[welcome_x]</phrase></strong><br />
      		  <phrase 1="$pmbox[lastvisitdate]" 2="$pmbox[lastvisittime]">$vbphrase[last_visited_x_at_y]</phrase>
      		  <if condition="$show['pmstats']"><br /><phrase 1="$vbphrase[unread_x_nav_compiled]" 2="$vbphrase[total_x_nav_compiled]" 3="$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[private_messages_nav]</phrase></if>
          </div></td>	

<if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid']">
      	<else />

<td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap" style="padding:0px">

<!-- login form -->
      		<form action="login.php" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password,vb_login_md5password,vb_login_md5password_utf)">
      		<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js"></script>
      		<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="$stylevar[formspacer]" border="0">
      		<tr>
      			<td class="smallfont">$vbphrase[username]</td>
      			<td><input type="text" class="button" name="vb_login_username" id="navbar_username" size="10" accesskey="u" tabindex="1" value="$vbphrase[username]" onfocus="if (this.value == '$vbphrase[username]') this.value = '';" /></td>
      			<td class="smallfont" colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap"><label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" tabindex="3" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" checked="checked" />$vbphrase[remember_me]</label></td>
      		</tr>
      		<tr>
      			<td class="smallfont">$vbphrase[password]</td>
      			<td><input type="password" class="button" name="vb_login_password" size="10" accesskey="p" tabindex="2" /></td>
      			<td><input type="submit" class="button" value="$vbphrase[log_in]" tabindex="4" title="$vbphrase[enter_username_to_login_or_register]" accesskey="s" /></td>
      		</tr>
      		</table>
      		<input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
      		<input type="hidden" name="do" value="login" />
      		<input type="hidden" name="forceredirect" value="1" />			
      		<input type="hidden" name="vb_login_md5password" />
      		<input type="hidden" name="vb_login_md5password_utf" />
      		</form>
      		<!-- / login form -->

</td>

</if>	

</tr>
      </table>

<br />
      Do I need to add a global thing in there... if so what exactly do I add, and should it be in the header with $login? Let me know if you need any thing else

Thanks in advance
      Coll

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

There are variables defined for the navbar that aren't necessarily available elsewhere. This gets into variable scope and declaration problems which you should probably post about on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

• Scribbller
          • Mar 2004

Since I was redirected to this thread, Ill post my question here where do I put
          eval('$varname = "' . fetch_template('templatename') . '";');
          And how do I put it, as I said the template I am trying to fetch is with the name logbar so do I put it like this?
          eval('$logbar = "' . fetch_template('logbar') . '";');
          Regards

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

You insert that code into the phpinclude_start template.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...