X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silvrhand
    • May 2004

pnphpbb convert from phpbb2 importer?

Jerry,

You think it's even possible to use the phpbb2 importer and modify it to be able to import pnphpbb forums? I know this is on your plate to eventually do, but was hoping to get our forums up and running and import the old data in...

Also, I was looking to see if I could do the pnphpbb -> vb2 -> vb3 conversion but did not see a pnphpbb -> vb2 importer.

Just trying to figure out my options at this point.

Thanks,
    - John
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Yes, mfowler70 has discovered how to revert pnphpbb data to a state where the phpBB importer will be able to grab it.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• silvrhand
      • May 2004

Great,

I'll contact him, thanks for the information!

Originally posted by Jerry
      Yes, mfowler70 has discovered how to revert pnphpbb data to a state where the phpBB importer will be able to grab it.

Comment

• mfowler70
        • Apr 2004
        • 3.6.x

For the benefit of anyone else who needs it, the procedure is as follows:

Note: As far as I'm aware, there is no current way to import Private Messages or Post Attachments using this method, due to both of those features utilizing Postnuke tables instead of phpbb tables.

My conversion was from a pnphpbb 1.2a installation (postnuke) to a vbulletin 2.3.5 installation. I make no promises that this will work for you, but it worked perfectly for me.

Backup your vbulletin and postnuke databases prior to doing this.

1. Upload a fresh installation of phpbb2 to a new directory and create a new database for it. I used version phpbb 2.0.5.

2. Using phpmyadmin, drop the following tables in the database used by the fresh installation of phpbb2: auth-access, categories, forums, posts, posts-text, topics.

3. Export the above tables (data and structure) from your postnuke database. Change all nuke_phpbb_ prefixes to phpbb_.

4. Import them into the new phpbb2 database.

5. Export the nuke_users table (data and structure) from your postnuke database. Change all nuke_ prefixes to phpbb_.

6. Import that into the new phpbb2 database.

7. Delete all fields in phpbb_users that do not start with user_ (except username).

8. Export data only from the nuke_phpbb_groups and nuke_phpbb_user_groups tables. Change all nuke_phpbb_ prefixes to phpbb_.

9. Import those into the new phpbb2 database.

10. Make sure the user_level of your admin account in your new phpbb_users table is set to 1.

11. Import all of phpbb_ tables into your vbulletin database.

12. Run the vbulletin import script using the phpbb2 method.

13. After checking to make sure the data has been successfully imported into vbulletin, you can delete the phpbb_ tables from the vbulletin database.

That's it!

Mike
        Last edited by mfowler70; Wed 19 May '04, 6:47pm.

Comment

• silvrhand
          • May 2004

The only problem with this is attachemnts and private messages are not brough over yet. I'm hoping that pnphpbb will soon be completed, as I can't import the database and not have the attachments.

Comment

• Omar
            • Dec 2001

Any further progress on this guys?

I'm looking to convert a fairly large pnphpbb forum (~2600) users to vb3, but would like to be able to convert pm's and attachments too.

Thanks
            - Omar

Comment

• Jerry
              • Dec 2002
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Omar
              Any further progress on this guys?

I'm looking to convert a fairly large pnphpbb forum (~2600) users to vb3, but would like to be able to convert pm's and attachments too.

Thanks
              - Omar
              The PN phpBB importer is going to be seprate from the phpBB importer.

You can see the status of the waiting importers with their votes etc in the link in my sig.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Omar
                • Dec 2001

Thanks for the reply Jerry, I have already visited that thread, and it looks like it might be quite a long wait for an official importer

- Omar

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Thanks for the reply Jerry, I have already visited that thread, and it looks like it might be quite a long wait for an official importer

- Omar
                  Well there are only 4-5 before it from what I can see on the poll, though there are other influences, though there is demand so it will be done.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Omar
                    • Dec 2001

That's great news Jerry.

Any time-frame estimate?

Thanks again
                    - Omar

Comment

• Jerry
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 1.1.x

That's great news Jerry.

Any time-frame estimate?

Thanks again
                      - Omar
                      Sorry not at the moment as I can estimate how long all the bug fixing will take for the exsisting importers and that is the priority at the moment, though I can tell you when we back to developing more importers again.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Redman
                        • May 2001

Originally posted by mfowler70
                        For the benefit of anyone else who needs it, the procedure is as follows:

Note: As far as I'm aware, there is no current way to import Private Messages or Post Attachments using this method, due to both of those features utilizing Postnuke tables instead of phpbb tables.

My conversion was from a pnphpbb 1.2a installation (postnuke) to a vbulletin 2.3.5 installation. I make no promises that this will work for you, but it worked perfectly for me.

Backup your vbulletin and postnuke databases prior to doing this.

1. Upload a fresh installation of phpbb2 to a new directory and create a new database for it. I used version phpbb 2.0.5.

2. Using phpmyadmin, drop the following tables in the database used by the fresh installation of phpbb2: auth-access, categories, forums, posts, posts-text, topics.

3. Export the above tables (data and structure) from your postnuke database. Change all nuke_phpbb_ prefixes to phpbb_.

4. Import them into the new phpbb2 database.

5. Export the nuke_users table (data and structure) from your postnuke database. Change all nuke_ prefixes to phpbb_.

6. Import that into the new phpbb2 database.

7. Delete all fields in phpbb_users that do not start with user_ (except username).

8. Export data only from the nuke_phpbb_groups and nuke_phpbb_user_groups tables. Change all nuke_phpbb_ prefixes to phpbb_.

9. Import those into the new phpbb2 database.

10. Make sure the user_level of your admin account in your new phpbb_users table is set to 1.

11. Import all of phpbb_ tables into your vbulletin database.

12. Run the vbulletin import script using the phpbb2 method.

13. After checking to make sure the data has been successfully imported into vbulletin, you can delete the phpbb_ tables from the vbulletin database.

That's it!

Mike
                        I take it that this post is old right? I used the import module in the members download section and the changeover from phpnuke to vb3.0.5 worked perfectly for me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...