Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wrongful
    • Apr 2003

Switching from .php to .phtml

What would be the easiest way to change all references to .php in the phrases to .phtml without using replacement variables?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I don't quite understand what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by wrongful
      What would be the easiest way to change all references to .php in the phrases to .phtml without using replacement variables?
      In the members area download vBulletin with the .php extention set to .phtml

Comment

• wrongful
        • Apr 2003

The problem is that I installed vBulletin for a client using the php extention, and now the host says that they want me to use the phtml extention, but when I switch over, all of the links on the board link to non-existant php files.

Comment

• TheMusicMan
          • Oct 2002
          • 3.7.x

... change host.. can't understand any modern host not being able to support php extensions...
          John

Comment

• wrongful
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
            ... change host.. can't understand any modern host not being able to support php extensions...
            I've suggested that but my client says it's not an option.

Comment

• wrongful
              • Apr 2003

I think I just need to run a query changing all instances of .php to .phtml, but I don't know how to write queries

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

The easiest way to do this is as TheMusicMan suggested. Download a phtml veriosn and upload those files. Then reupload the original vbulletin-style.xml file from the phtml zip file (if you haven't already) to your install directory. Make sure you upload this in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then import this file in the 'Upload' section of the Style Manager.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• wrongful
                  • Apr 2003

The problem with that is that I'm working with an already installed vBulletin with thousands of posts and members, using the highest version of vBulletin there is, so I can't reinstall vBulletin over it. I just need to change those instances in the database.

The board was on a host that allowed the .php extentions, and now they require the phtml extention. I have already downloaded the phtml version from the members area, and replaced the php files with the phtml files, now I need to change it in the database.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Reuploading the files does not affect the data in any way. The data is in the database, not the vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• wrongful
                      • Apr 2003

Every one of my links, to the control panel, to forums, everywhere lead to nonexistent php files. Forum links lead to forumdisplay.php and the user control panel leads to usercp.php and I need these to point to the phtml files instead. It looks like these links are in the phrases, so I want to run a query on the database containing the phrases, replacing all instances of ".php" with ".phtml".

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

That was why I included the instructions for the vbulletin.style.xml import. If you have customized templates, then you can use 'Find and Replace' in the template search options.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• wrongful
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          That was why I included the instructions for the vbulletin.style.xml import. If you have customized templates, then you can use 'Find and Replace' in the template search options.
                          Ok, I am sorry, I had misinterpreted you. I did what you guys said and it did what I needed. Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...