Can someone PLEASE get me a free email ban list?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PCTORQUE
    • Dec 2002

Can someone PLEASE get me a free email ban list?

I've been trying for days to get the list from:

but the website seems to never be up. Besides I remember the last time I looked at it and the site was up (weeks ago) the list was dated over a year ago if I remember right. I'll pay for an updated accurate correctly formatted free email list to put in place.
  • princessangry
    • Feb 2004

ur right... hih.

Comment

• welo
      • Sep 2003
      • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Free email list

Well, I finally managed to track down eva2000's free email list (some might recall it wasn't available for the longest), retrieved, sorted, cleaned it up, and saved it as a text file. Thought it might come in handy for some folks later.

One thing though, is his list states that it contains 30,844 domains and I'm counting 12,287. Since the list appears to be a little old there's no telling how many of these places are still running. Regardless, it's a pretty good list if you want to slug it into your board to halt free email signuppers. AOL has been added to the list on general principle.

I have uploaded it below as four files: 0-9, A-G, H-M, N-Z (this board has a 100Kb limit on text file uploads and the whole shebang is around 206k). Anyway, hope this helps a few folks.
      Attached Files
      "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
      It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

• Dream On

i dont understand what we can do with this list ?

Comment

• merk
          • Jul 2001

Put it in the admincp section and people who sign up for free email addresses will not be entitled to register at your forum.

Not the most handy thing for a small forum

Comment

• welo
            • Sep 2003
            • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Originally posted by Dream On
            i dont understand what we can do with this list ?
            Like merk says, it's at your administrative discretion as to whether or not to use it for your community. To apply it to your board however, go to:

ACP > vBulletin Options > User Banning Options > Banned Email Addresses

...and copy/paste the list into the corresponding textarea. Since this thing is split into three files make sure you include a space after C&Ping each section, or the last domain on the previous list will run together with the first domain on the next list.

Comment

• welo
              • Sep 2003
              • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Just a quick note. The above textfiles have changed because the previous versions didn't contain ampersands (@) in front of the free email domains, and I found out VB wasn't catching the signups. The new files have rectified this.

Comment

• welo
                • Sep 2003
                • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Attached lists in first post of this thread have been updated with around 100 additional free email addresses. Also added in the list are some services corresponding to disposable email addresses (emails that self-implode after so many hits or certain amount of time).

AOL is thrown in just because I can . If you regard AOL a legitimate ISP you'll need to track that one down and remove it yourself. Should be fairly easy since the lists are fully alphabetized.

Comment

• Bacteria Man
                  • Dec 2004

Welo, thanks for your time editing and updating this list.

I actually need it for a project unrelated to vB.

I'll find out for myself soon enough, but how expensive is it to parse 12,000+ entries? I wonder if putting them into a database table would be faster/more efficient (?)

Comment

• welo
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Files have been updated to include the disposable email services mentioned on this thread, as well as adding a few more I've picked up along the way over the course of the year. The collective list currently stands at 12398 domains. One of these days when I have nothing to do I might start going through and visiting these places to see which ones still exist .

Comment

• GearTripper
                      • Aug 2004

hello; is this the most current version of this type of list available?

Comment

• welo
                        • Sep 2003
                        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

I haven't encountered anything else to add to it since it was last updated. Maybe one or two. I have adjusted the policy on our board so we do accept Gmail signups now, so if you want to do that too then it'll need to be removed from the list.

Comment

• deatheyes
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.6.x

how to use it ????
                          Optimize your website
                          Cool Wallpaper
                          All Android Rom

Comment

• MRGTB
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by deatheyes
                            how to use it ????
                            Add them to your ban list of emails. But to be honest there are so many free emails out there, people will still find ones that work. Better to just wait for spammers. Then when they spam, check there email address used to see if it's a free one and start banning them that way I think one by one as and when they need to be banned.

Comment

• fraser
                              • Mar 2006

Revised list using checkdnsrr()

Hi this is my first post,

I dont use VBulletin, but after reading around for a list of free email domains i came across this thread... the list is good, great even, but it does have a great deal of old, non-existant servers listed. I saw the post...

One of these days when I have nothing to do I might start going through and visiting these places to see which ones still exist
                              ...and thought to myself TOO MUCH HARD WORK!!! I can write a script to do just this in a second. So I did, and it works. If you want to do the same here are some instructions.

1) first put all the emails in one text file: email_list.txt
                              2) create a php file list.php - with the following code.

PHP Code:
                              <?

// get all the emails in a string
                              $all file_get_contents('email_list.txt');

// strip off all the '@' symbols 
                              $all str_replace('@'''$all);

// Create an array of all the domains
                              $list explode(" "$all);

// count the total number of domains
                              $count count$list );

// loop through the domains 
                              for($i 0$i $count$i++)
                              {

// if there is a mail server at the domain

if ( checkdnsrr $list[$i] , "MX" ) )
                                    {

// out put the domain with the '@' symbol added

echo "@".$list[$i]." ";
                                    }
                              }
                              echo 
                              "<br />!!EOF";
                              ?>
                              You now have a list of only the domains which have a valid mail server. Enjoy.

P.S. I also made a modified version which shows the whole list with - Has an MX server or Has NO MX server in GREEN or RED respectivley, just to show it works...
                              Last edited by fraser; Mon 27 Mar '06, 4:33am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...