Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herman-
    • Apr 2004

Converting my modified PHPBB forum to VBulletin

Is it possible to convert my forum http://www.warcraftsingapore.com/forums to vbulletin and still retaining all my attachments??
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What do you mean by 'modified'? The import scripts are designed to work with the default phpBB data and cannot possibly account for every possible modification.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Herman-
      • Apr 2004

It is a ADD-ON MOD to the default PHPBB package... Will the convertor still work?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Sorry but I have no idea what that Mod is. Our import script will inmport the default phpBB data. It will not import any data that comes from hacks or modifications. To do that you will need to write a customer script. You may be able to find someone to help you with this at vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Herman-
          • Apr 2004

IC, ok thanx, so is there a importer from PHPBB2 to VBulletin 3?

Comment

• TheMusicMan
            • Oct 2002
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Herman-
            IC, ok thanx, so is there a importer from PHPBB2 to VBulletin 3?
            Yup - indeed there is.. it will be released very soon...

.. or you could load up vb2, migrate from phpBB2 to that, then upgrade to vB3... personally, I'm waiting for the vB3 import script.
            John

Comment

• Herman-
              • Apr 2004

What will the procedure of importing be like, i was reading and it should be:

1) Install VB2?
              2) IMport from PHPBB?
              3) Upgrade to VB3?

What will happen during the import? WIll it create new tables or re-use my old tables? Will be PHPBB forum still exist or do i have to delete it?

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                • Oct 2002
                • 3.7.x

Herman

This entirely depends on the priority level you place on importing/mograting your phpBB2 forum to vB. If you currently have vB2 then there is no reason to delay an import from phpBB2 to vB2. However, if you want to use vB3, then you can either do the import to vB2, then upgrade your vB2 to vB3 - or - you can wait until the vB3 import scripts are available. Keep an eye out for announcements regarding these. I believe the phpBB2 import script is complete and we are awaiting vB team to complete the other scripts as they will be released all together in your member area.

During the import, your phpBB2 tables will remain intact and indeed will also be intact following completion of the import/migration.

New tables will be created in accordance with the schema of vB3 and the existing phpBB2 data will only be read from during the process.

You can the do as you see fit with your old phpBB2 data/tables.
                John

Comment

• ]SK[
                  • Mar 2004

I went from phpbb to 2.3.4 to RC4. Only problem I had was [code] tags in posts ended up as [:code] [/:code] or something like that. Maybe the new converters will fix that.

Comment

• Herman-
                    • Apr 2004

After successfully converting from phpbb to vb, I want to clear up all the phpbb tables and data/files. Would dropping all the tables with phpBB be ok as well as deleting all the files from my previous forum?

Comment

• ]SK[
                      • Mar 2004

Yes, the database is useless now. I would take backups though untill your 100% sure your finished with phpbb.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...