X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Contramontanum
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.8.x

Promotions don't work

I've created a promotion to prevent non-posters from being able to use the arcade hack I have installed, requiring 5 posts to use the arcade. Registered Users have no access to arcade, after 5 posts they are moved to additional usergroup Registered Gamers with all necessary permissions. The problem is that everybody, including those with fewer than 5 posts get promoted. If I manually go in and remove them from the promoted group, they get bounced back. I don't understand... Screenshots of my settings provided below. BTW, RC4
    Attached Files
    Chop Dewey
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You do need to upgrade to vB 3.0.0 stable to recive support here, but your promotion stragety is wrong to begin with for what your trying to do, however it did function correctly.

Comment

• Contramontanum
      • Feb 2004
      • 3.8.x

What do you mean I need to upgrade to get support?!?! I have 11 months left, and I assume Jelsoft still supports previous versions. There's even a forum for vB2. Regarding your comments on my strategy, it would be helpful if you pointed out what was wrong...
      Chop Dewey

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I have been instructed not to give support to NON Gold Boards, you must be on the newest build of vB3 (GOLD) because all prior versions were still unstable.

We have always carried the policy before the gold release it was just not as strickly enforced, vBulletin 2.3.4 is a stable build.

Comment

• Contramontanum
          • Feb 2004
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          I have been instructed not to give support to NON Gold Boards, you must be on the newest build of vB3 (GOLD) because all prior versions were still unstable.

We have always carried the policy before the gold release it was just not as strickly enforced, vBulletin 2.3.4 is a stable build.
          So you're saying that paying customers with valid licences lose the right to receive support if they don't upgrade? I find that hard to believe. In the time it took you to give me two replies with no help at all, you could have just told me what was wrong since you obviously know the answer and it's not related to any instability in RC4. Thanks a lot buddy!
          Chop Dewey

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

No need to be contentious. Since vB3 Gold you need to upgrade to this stable version to get support. We are not providing support for non-stable vB3 versions and it was always made clear in the download page the vB3 pre-Gold versions were not considered stable.

Also we do not provide official support for hacked forums and never have. If you upgrade to Gold and remove your hacks, we can povide support. Otherwise you might want to ask over at vbulletin.org for assistance.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Contramontanum
              • Feb 2004
              • 3.8.x

Nobody's being contentious Steve. My problem has nothing to do with my board being RC4 or Gold, nor has it anything to do with any hacks I've installed. Zachary said himself it was my strategy that was wrong, but it functioned properly. But if your "policy" is so strict that you can't just give me a simple answer, I guess I'll goe elsewhere. Thanks again...
              Chop Dewey

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.6.x

You need to change your "Promotion Strategy" to just "Posts". Right now, it's promoting people who have 1 or more of those 3 conditions true. Since "Days Registered" is 0, this will always be true, so all users will be promoted.

Comment

• Contramontanum
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Thank you!
                  Chop Dewey

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...